close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

this is what 38 super fan cost me

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by woodrowNC, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Looks great and appears to be in fine shape.

Congrats on a classic 1911. :thumbsup:

2. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan

Jul 15, 2010
    KY
    :rofl: Hey I'm loose with other people's money. That's a seriously good looking gun Woodrow, good deal too. I think you made the right move by grabbing that one. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

3. that's really what got me. doesn't appear to have been carried, or abused in any way. not bad for 32 yrs old.

4. i figured you'd like that. just don't buy another one and post the picture for another month or two. :rofl:

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I love old Colts.

Here's my 44 year old National Match, still basically NIB.

[​IMG]

6. now that's my style. not to take away from the rest of your collection, which is awesome btw, but that's as good looking a 1911 as you've ever posted. absolutely beautiful. nobody does royal blue like colt. i sent another series 70 to colts custom shop for a royal blue and some other work friday. can't wait.

7. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan

Jul 15, 2010
    KY
    What does Colt's custom shop charge to do a 1911 in Royal Blue Woodrow? I was actually thinking about sending my LM for Royal Blue. :dunno:

8. 275. doesn't wear well, so not to good for holster carry, but god it's beautiful. this one's gonna live in rug. do it man. i'd love to cost you some money. :rofl:

9. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan

Jul 15, 2010
    KY
    :rofl:I might do it. Royal Blue is probably my favorite finish, I think it would sweet on my RRA. How long is the turnaround?

10. the customer service guy couldn't tell me. he said they would send me an invoice in a few days. i'm getting

lowered and flared
    25 hand checkered frontstrap
    throated and polished
    flat msh
    action job
    solid bushing fitted (scared of the collet bushing reputation)
    new fitted extractor and a spare

so he said it depends on the workload. i'm gonna call and ask when i get the invoice. if you just want a reblue, i can't imagine it would take too long. and yes, you're rra would be awesome.

11. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan

Jul 15, 2010
    KY
    That's gonna be nice when you get it back. :cool:

12. well thanks to you, you'll see the pics. :cool:

13. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
  14. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    Mighty nice. I was hoping that it would be in .38 Super - if enough of you guys buy them, it will drive the ammunition price down for those of us who already have them.

15. remember when you were 8 yrs old and it was christmas eve. that's me right now. :supergrin: except i'm 49.