close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This is one awesome story(SEAL Team 6)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M&P Shooter, Sep 28, 2013.

1. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    This young woman's life was saved by SEAL Team 6 and as the helicopter lifted the Seals and Jessica away all that was left behind was the rebel's base camp and 9 dead rebels:cool:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqMjK85tfc"]The Rescue of Jessica Buchanan - YouTube[/ame]

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

Dec 28, 2001
    Happily in So. Cal.
    She was a fool. They should have left her there.

3. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    I agree that she was very foolish but no American deserves to be left behind no matter what their beliefs are. America is strong because we fight for our people except for the current administration which is a whole other story for a whole other sub forum:crying:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  4. Resqu2

Resqu2

Aug 24, 2007
    SouthWest VA
    Least there are 9 less animals in the world! First time I'd heard this story.

5. I don't know if she is a fool. Depends on what her expectations were. Seems as though she simply expected to be raped and murdered. She went to help kids and was willing to risk that.

What is US policy? Do we defend Americans abroad? I don't know the policy.

I haven't read her book. Is there something in there that shows her more to be a fool?

6. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Sep 28, 2006
    Detroit
    SEAL Team 6 are some bad mofos! :thumbsup: :patriot:

7. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    DEVGRU.

Reads as if they HAHO'd in, then patrolled to the camp for the assault.

That's a great story.

8. So the current admin DIDN'T have to give the green light for this rescue op that you say was deserved? :dunno:

9. 22rtf2

22rtf2 Peaceful

Feb 24, 2009
    20 mins from Smyrna
    Ftfy!!

10. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

May 1, 2004
    Iowa
    Well said!!

11. Honestly, stories like this, and the rescue of Captain Phillips, make me feel more confident to make any sort of overseas travel plans. Not bulletproof, not invincible, because I know bad things could happen anyway, but it adds a layer of confidence that the nation would have my back....

....even if some folks on an internet forum would call me a fool and say I should have been left for dead.

12. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I'll bet the SEALs who rescued her have no use for people with your attitude.

13. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    In the book "No Easy Day", which is a first person account of the UBL raid written by one of the assaulters on the raid, he spoke about HAHO (high altitude-high opening) parachute training. This was done during the DEVGRU selection training called "Green Team". He did not go into much detail, other than to say it was 3 weeks of nothing but HAHO training. He was already jump certified, but he really learned the art of jumping while going through Green Team.

Oddly enough, the author did mention that he never got the opportunity during his time at DEVGRU to take part in a HAHO combat jump. Sadly, his team did do a HAHO combat jump into Afghanistan, but the author was running with Delta at the time, so he wasn't around for it.

Delta had had some casualties in Iraq, and were short assaulters, so DEVGRU sent the author and a couple other assaulters to run with Delta for a deployment. I find it rather fascinating that Delta and DEVGRU members are largely inter-changeable, to the point that they lend each other assaulters when needed.

14. I think the largest difference is at-sea, underway operations. I think you're right about them working well together - there were both Delta and SEAL 6 guys in Mogadishu during the "Black Hawk Down" stuff - as long as they're on dry ground.

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    I have no idea as to the truth of this; I have read that Delta does virtually the same underway operations as DEVGRU.

I kinda find that hard to believe, but only the people involved really know.

Another thing that is fascinating, is how much both Delta and DEVGRU completely change their tactics and training based on where, and against whom, they are operating. They seem to adapt exceptionally well.

During the time that the wars were active in both Afghanistan and Iraq, Delta was operating in Iraq and DEVGRU was focused on Afghanistan. Due to the fact that Iraq is a more modern country, with more people living in suburban and urban areas, they suffered more casualties because those are tough places to operate. While DEVGRU learned sneak around the wilds of Afghanistan suffering comparatively few casualties.

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    You've been using this word a lot. I don't think you know what it means.

17. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    I'm just using the same words as the author of "No Easy Day".

In context, they walk, or patrol, onto their targets....instead of flying in, or parachuting in.

18. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    I was mocking Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi assault. Can't get into it on The Okie Coral because it covers political topics and that's a separate forum but I'm sure you realize I was taking a cheap shot at Hillary:wavey:

19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    She's not drop dead gorgeous but she ain't bad to the eys. I wonder if she had shown any "gratitude" to some of her rescuers?

20. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    My bad. I suppose the squids have a different meaning for the word patrol.