close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

This is evidence of God

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Wake_jumper, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. void *

void * Dereference Me!

That the BBT is a good solid scientific theory, and it will and should be replaced when another that explains more and fits the data better comes along. Until then, you probably shouldn't act like it's just speculation and extrapolation, and that the mere existence of possible replacements should let you treat BBT as though it were just a guess.

Sure. Nobody, afaik, has claimed that the BBT is the be all end all and we shouldn't keep looking. Nobody has claimed we shouldn't check assumptions, afaik. If you've seen someone in the thread do that, please quote them - and I will admit I was wrong about no one stating that. Publicly. Provided that's actually what they claimed.

Until then, please
    a) Provide evidence I have ever claimed science can prove or disprove a diety
    or
    b) Admit that you made an accusation that I was someone who faithfully believed that science can prove whether or not a deity/creator exists without actually having evidence to support the accusation

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It's the Internet. There are going to be differences of opinion on things.

It's ok if we have a different opinion. Possibly, over time, one or both of us may change our opinions. Till then, we are just going to have to disagree.

I'm not too attached to the BBT. It might be right, it might not, there are still some missing details. What happened happened, but we may not have described it perfectly yet.

Are you saying that you believe that nothing in science proves or disproves the possibility of a deity? If that's actually your position, just say so.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

3. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Oh my, has this been a fun couple of days! However, I think spotlighting Doc's inability to answer a direct question has played itself out for the time being. I'm sure we will be revisiting this topic again soon. If for no other reason than its inherit entertainment value.

Bye for now Doc, thanks for the laughs!

:wavey:

4. void *

void * Dereference Me!

Are you alleging that I haven't just said so, twice, in this thread already?

If so please explain how

and

are not statements that clearly indicate I do not think it is provable whether or not a deity exists, through science or otherwise.

While you're at it, could you please
    a) Provide evidence I have ever claimed science can prove or disprove a diety
    or
    b) Admit that you made an accusation that I was someone who faithfully believed that science can prove whether or not a deity/creator exists without actually having evidence to support the accusation

5. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Scientists can be wrong sure. What's your point?

Yes I have reconsidered things. And I can admit that when I had need to do so, I was wrong about my prior stance, or in some cases had no idea what I was talking about. So far you have proved over an over again that you are too prideful or cowardly to do so.

Am I sure about name calling? This from the guy that has made negative aspersions about my upbringing and therefore my parents, as if you had any clue how I was raised? Is that another veiled threat of some kind? You going to report me to the mods as if all I ever do is name call? Yes I throw some insults around but 99% of the time I also make OT points that minus the insults are legitimate. I insult when I think it is called for. Even when I don't you accuse me of doing so, which almost certainly means that you are overly sensitive. See how such projection works?

I don't care if you find it juvenile. I won't be mau-maued. The hostile responses you are getting doesn't mean that I am uncomfortable with your opinions. It means that I think you are an assclown. You're so full of yourself. I don't have any issues with having faith in things or believing rather than knowing. I'm am not an atheist but you accuse me like you accuse them. Yet again an example of how you mischaracterize if not out right lie about things others have never stated or claimed.

You're too damn dense to realize that faith doesn't bother me. It also does not equate to or require religion. So you see its you that are going to have to get over it. I was over it long before we ever exchanged words on the internet.

And another attempt at misdirection.

And another. I doubt you even understood that article.

You're not to attached to the theory that at this point and time is the best language representation of the math that has proven to be correct via every experiment we have conducted in 100 years or so? Who would have guessed? Your middle of the road stances make you more enlightened than others with convictions BS is comical.

And oh boy you keep trying to get others to play your game, answer your questions in order to obfuscate your own errors. I will give you credit for your persistence but not for your dishonesty. Others would have long ago found it easier to admit they were wrong rather than trying so hard to perpetuate their lies and ignorance as a higher thought process.

6. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Ok. See ya around.

7. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    So there you go then, problem solved.

8. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It's even more fun when you aren't emotionally decompensating over such simple disagreements.

Maybe you can help some of the others.

9. void *

void * Dereference Me!

Actually, no. First, I cannot trust your statement that you will take my statement at face value, given that I have made such statements to you multiple times in the past, and yet you still accused me of being someone who faithfully believes that science can prove whether or not a deity/creator exists. In my opinion you are quite likely to make such an accusation in the future, despite my having recently made the statements yet again. You've done so before, I have no reasonable assurance that you will not do so again.

Second, you have not yet
    a) Provided evidence I have ever claimed science can prove or disprove a diety
    or
    b) Admitted that you made an accusation that I was someone who faithfully believed that science can prove whether or not a deity/creator exists without actually having evidence to support the accusation

You've merely avoided actually doing so.

Like I said before - integrity. Can you man up and write the words "Yes, void, I did in fact accuse you of something I had no evidence for", or something to that effect, or not? Will you continue to avoid it, hoping it will all go away?

10. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If I ever get your position wrong again, just state what your actual position is.

No big. It's not like I don't experience the same thing around here daily. I just correct the mistake, and move on.

11. void *

void * Dereference Me!

I suppose that's enough of an admission, given that you're at least stating that you were wrong (although you're not quite admitting you had no basis to make the statement in the first place ...)

Do me a favor, though - at least try not to get my position on *that* wrong again. Especially since it's a position that I have stated, to you, multiple times. Fair enough?

12. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Holy smokes the victim card. Who would of though you would sink that low? You have got to be the biggest chicken **** Dbag on GT ever. Oh I'm sorry did I insult you again? My bad. I imagine I did so because you make me uncomfortable not because I think you're an assclown of the highest magnitude. I'm probably so insecure in my own beliefs that you can more accurately state my position on the subject because their is no way I could take from your responses that you're just a huge Dbag. I'm sorry I insulted you again. I apologize in advance if I hurt your feely weelings.

Get over yourself.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  13. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    You have a hard time with the concept of respectful disagreement. It doesn't hurt at all. It's most certainly not a convincing strategy.

14. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    I don't have a hard time with anything. You have a hard time understanding that I will not treat you with respect just because you think it's appropriate. You don't deserve respect and will get none from me.

You also don't get that I don't care if you think it is a convincing strategy. I do not care if you are convinced. You are not the end all be all and my positions are not dependent on you. Again get over yourself.

15. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

Just how much do you think it bothers me that you choose to act without manners on an Internet forum? Your poor behavior does me no harm. You're little more that an avatar and a bad attitude to me.

He who gets over it first wins, and I was over your lack of an ability to calmly have a disagreement a while ago. The only one emotionally decomposing between the two of us is you.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.