close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This election will make or break the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fox, Sep 15, 2012.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Fine by me. Obama killed Ossama. Maybe with the next term, he'll kill the Ayatolla too.

2. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Paul folk are truly amazing. The scotus point has been beaten into the ground, yet they still show up and say "What has obama done against guns...i dont think he will do anything"

They like to act smug about their choice to vote 3rd party, as if we are all sheep, but we will pick the president. Their vote wont count for anything and they know it.

3. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    You nailed it! Is Mitch better that Obama, sure. But not much better. I just don't like the guy, and I have really tried. IMO he comes off as arrogant and fake. I will say he has a good family and I think he is a good family man.

If he gets it-good, if not- oh well.........:upeyes:

4. Java Junky

Java Junky

Jul 3, 2012
    There's no way that I could ever opt not to vote and to take my little part in chosing our President.
    And there's certainly no way that I'd ever relate a bury-my-head-in'a-sand move like that to my kids or anybody else short of torture.

I'm finding that those most smug about referring to themselves as "thinkers" have the least right to do so . . which'd be fine if their inability to see-the-light resulted in only their extinction.
    But, with our existing system, that's not the case.
    Izz'itt?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    You aren't deciding jack. You're throwing away your vote on one of two clowns who are both backed by Goldman-Sachs, support TARP, the NDAA, the TSA (no surprise you like them), increased debt, who are both hostile to firearms (as demonstrated through words and actions), and who both want the power to force "mandates" on the citizenry.

Romney didn't have to do anything for your vote. He owns you.

6. Java Junky

Java Junky

Jul 3, 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/tsH8xvjTAlo

Now . . tell me again how Romney and the flim-flam man are the same.
    And that bit about how you can afford to piss your vote away . . could you run that by me again?

The second amendment is no less important than the rest of our Constitutionally guaranteed rights . . but right now, it's the tree that's not allowing some to see the width'n breadth of the forest that's about to be stuffed up our communal wazoo.

7. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

He owns many people on this board.

Sheep. Yet I keep hearing

"OH BUT THIS TIME IT'LL BE BETTER! HE MAY NOT BE MY FIRST PICK BUT HE'S DIFFERENT.... HE'S GOING TO CHANGE THINGS FOR THE BETTER!"

8. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    This election will make or break America, or more accurately it will reveal to us whether or not America is already lost. America is on her death bed, that's for sure. This election is the final diagnosis. If America is dead, where will the Heroes go? What is plan "B"? Go to Beijing or Alberta? Make a last stand in Utah?
    What will the "Smart" guys be doing? Getting into and controlling Government? Your children will be slaves.

9. Java Junky

Java Junky

Jul 3, 2012
    Not quite.
    The owned don't refuse to bury their heads and not do what they can to have a say.
    But the sheep, not usually knowin' that they're sheep, jus' keep bah-bah-bahing as they get chuted into mutton.

'Memba The Matrix?
    'Not quite'z futuristic, but certain of our politicians are working towards converting the working stiff American citizen into gunless, gelding "coppertops" who will, ideally, be allowed to watch government approved TV and, more importantly, to supply whatever that government demands of their pay in taxes.

'Godda major, Sears Best, Heavy-Duty snow-job goin' on people. 'Godda look past the government approved "news".
    'Less'a'course . . you think, like they do, that they, in their infinitely superior wisdom, do actually know what's best for us.

It's pathetic, but if you really want to get the real news, you've got to go and see what the news agencies from outside the US are saying.
    The process is underway. How it progresses is entirely up to us.

10. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    Not if you know what operative clause and justification clause mean. From the article you didn't read enough of...

From James Madison:
    More historical context:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Like I said it's your understanding of the grammar and historical context that are lacking. If you have references to show otherwise that's fine, otherwise you should spend some time reading instead of arguing.

11. Glotin

Glotin

Aug 16, 2011
    And what exactly other than your own thought brought you to that conclusion?

Because there is a preponderance of evidence that suggests you're wrong. Generally in the form of their own words.

I'm not sure what slaves or class structure had to do with it... they didn't view slaves as citizens.

Read Federalist Paper #46, written by Madison: "Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation... the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms"

Hamilton in Federalist #29: "The project of disciplining all the militia of the United States is as futile as it would be injurious if it were capable of being carried into execution... Little more can reasonably be aimed at with the respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped"

...and 28 "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government...The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms"

Also, Thomas Jefferson to his 15yo nephew: "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

and to Madison: "the necessity of obliging every citizen to be a soldier; this was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free State."

to John Cartwright: "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

I could go on. Hopefully you get the point.

ETA: Damn Yankees.

12. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

And you say we are brainwahsed by the media?

Have fun in your tin-foil hat meetings, making believe that only you know the way.

13. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Jan 17, 2001
    On the road
    270 some replies. I wonder how many people have been swayed to change their vote.

14. Java Junky

Java Junky

Jul 3, 2012
    You can lead'a horse'da water . . .

15. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    For those of you who are NOT going to vote neither R or D, I have a question. Assuming you had only the 2 choices, no 3rd parties, but you were definitely going to vote: would you vote for Obama, or Romney? Assuming you're casting your vote based on which candidate is CLOSEST on the issues that would cause you to vote for RP of GJ.

16. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    You sir, are the one that is brainwashed! You have proven this by your ignorant comments.

To think that anything but a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama is absolutely ridiculous.

17. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    I wouldn't vote.

18. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    So what you're saying, is you're dodging the question? That was the point of my question. I want to know who you would vote for, in my scenario. I don't want an 'I wouldn't vote' or 'it's a free country and I can do what I want lalalalalala' answer. I'm trying to wrap my head around your way of thinking, and I can't do it if all I get is sidestepping from you. Are you a politician??

19. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    No i'm not. But how can I answer your question if don't know the answer myself since it's not an option. Or hasn't been.

If I had a gun to my head, I'd probably flip a coin.

20. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    Voting for someone other than the guy that hasn't got a chance has always been an option, it's just one you have quite clearly chosen to ignore.

So if Romney and Obama are exactly the same, can I then extend that to Biden and Ryan being exactly the same, by your thought process?