Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Thinking about selling my Walther P-1....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Nov 1, 2012.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

I had it appraised, it came back as follows:

I find that to be a little low.

2. SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    I change my offer :tongueout:

3. KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    For a P1, in just "GOOD" condition I think that's high.

They just brought in a metric crap ton of them for $250.
  4. The_Gun_Guru

Look at my pics and tell me you think it's just "good". I believe it to be, at the very least, EXC to EXC+.

I'd like to see what a current P-1 priced at $250 looks like:wavey:

5. KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    It's definitely "EXCELLENT" and I don't think there is such a thing as "EXCELLENT+"

Here's a $269 one purchased from Turner's... pic stolen from TOS:

If you want I can show you a gorgeous $310 P38 when I get home too.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  6. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    Who appraised it and is that a wholesale or retail price?
  7. The_Gun_Guru

JC at Union Outfitters. I'm sure he just looked it up in the book.

I still say it's too low.

8. The P.38 was not the first double action auto. The first commercially successful D/A pistol was the Walther PP which preceded the P.38 by a good ten years.

I had owned a few SKS rifles over the years, an unissued chinese type 56 was among them. I had paid $89 when 1,000 rounds of ammo were under $100 but see not necessity to own an SKS with current ammo prices.

The P1 that Gun Guru has is a very clean one with the desirable upgrades, imho it is a $300+ gun. Many of the guns that are wholeselling right now are guns that were refurbished and have the depot repair marking on the left side of the frame. While absolutely serviceable, they are far less desirable from a collectors standpoint.
  9. I beg to differ! I have bought guns in NRA good condition and would rate your P1 a bit better. Maybe my eyesight is failing but I do not even see scuff marks on the phosphated upper.

It is closer to NRA excellent, I think. Still it is not rare enough to bring over $325 with two mags and one holster.

I would consider $300 for a private transaction to be a reasonable price, particularly in a FTF transaction on a local forum, like FSN.
  10. The_Gun_Guru

Thanks all for the info, I think I will just keep it for now.

I appreciiate your help:cool:

11. The_Gun_Guru

I just checked AIM and saw this:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is NOT a W. German military issued gun, it is a commercial model, right?

It does NOT have the hex bolt reinforcement or the fatter, stronger slide and only comes with ONE magazine.

12. Without a closer photo, it is impossible to find out where they have been used. Military guns have a different acceptance stamp. My guess is that they were used by some police force since the Bundeswehr barely had P1s left a couple of years ago and those were used by the military reserve. The two I had seen were of the re-enforced type.

The condition and absence of the re-enforcements make these much less desirable than your pistol.