Thinking about selling my Walther P-1....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Nov 1, 2012.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Does anyone have an idea of what it's worth?

It is in EXCELLENT condition and I only had it to the range once. I have eight (8) mags and two (2) holsters for it. It shoots great and is much more accurate than I am!:supergrin:

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks:wavey:

TGG

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Thinking of selling my only .22.......will i regret it? Rimfire Forum Jun 1, 2015
    Thinking about Selling My 870 Marine Magnum to Fund CIA C39V2....Thoughts? General Firearms Forum Dec 10, 2014
    Thinking about selling my Romanian SAR-1 and..... The Kalashnikov Klub Sep 14, 2013
    Thinking of selling 23 for 27 General Glocking Mar 7, 2013
    Thinking of selling/trading my gen 4 19 General Glocking Jan 20, 2013

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy
    CLM

I'll give you $49.99 for it.:tongueout:

4. With a couple of mags, I paid 300, maybe a little high, but traded it for a nice stainless Star BS I thought was a nicer pistol. The guy who got my P1 was happy, too, so, I guess it depends.

Cash at a shop, you might get 150. Trade for something else used, you might value at 300, depending...

5. With all of those extra mags, it should be worth $300. - $350. easy. If it has the hex reinforcing pin through the frame, it will be a much easier sell as everyone seems to look for that in a P-1.

6. The_Gun_Guru

Here are a few pics to help determine an approximate value:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is what I know about it....

It is post-war (dated 12/79)
    It has an aluminum frame
    It was made for the W. German Military
    It has the fatter, stronger slide
    It has the hex bolt reinforcement
    It has a bright and shiny bore
    It looks AWESOME and shoots even better!

Thanks for the replies so far, I hope this added info helps:wavey:

TGG

7. 8 mags! why does that not surprise me :supergrin:.

I want to pick up one of these, you selling it on GT?

8. Man, I wouldn't sell that.

9. That is a clean P1 , if this guy doesn't pick it up I will :wavey:

10. Pretty P1. They are still selling for about $310-$320 from several sources. For a quick sell, I'd probably guess that $350 with the extra mags and holsters would get someone to bite.

11. The_Gun_Guru

Trust me, it's just a thought, I have not commited to it yet. I really want to get a Chinese Type 56 SKS but cannot afford it unless I sell something. Of my 72 guns this P-1 is what I am willing to part with in order to make the SKS a reality.

Am I making a mistake? I already have seven SKS' but only one P-1.......so which one is more important.....in YOUR opinion?

I am still torn:crying:

TGG

12. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy
    CLM

If it were me, I would not get rid of it for any SKS. Never, ever. But that's just me. You may be different.

13. in that case I would keep the P-1 , your not going to pay off a SKS with a P-1 so might as well save up, Type 56 are uncommon but they are not impossible to find

and i'm a rifle guy

#12 raven11, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  14. I have a Chinese SKS I bought back about 18 years ago, all matching SS#.:supergrin:

[​IMG]

15. The_Gun_Guru

I can get one with my C&R for a total of around $300:wavey:

I have three Chinese SKS' - two "Factory 26" and one CGA. The Type 56 that I want has the blade bayonet instead of the spike bayonet.

TGG

16. Sell mags separately - whenever you try to put a package deal together you'll get raped every time.

300-320 for the gun, and then extra mags for 60-70 bucks. Holster comes with the gun.

17. Roughly ten percent of your entire collection is composed of SKS models of various makes. Sell your least worthy SKS and keep the Walther is my suggestion.

#16 unit1069, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  18. The P-38/P1 is an important gun to own because it was the first double action auto.

Are any of your SKS's Chinese Commercial junkers? Sell one of those and get a true Type 56.

19. Add me to the column that would not sell the Walther and especially not for an SKS.

20. If you sell the P-1 and ever want to replace it, then it will cost you a lot more than you purchased it for. Keep it and enjoy it as a great piece of handgun history. Without it there might not be the Beretta 92 we have today.

21. The_Gun_Guru

A lot of very good advice, thanks all.

Like I said I am not set on selling it and probably won't, but I do want to know what it's worth, just in case.

TGG