close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thinking about moving to Austin

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by Cambo, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    Hi Guys,
    My wife and I are thinking about moving to Austin. What is it like in terms of shooting ranges, taxes, weather, income level(I am a personal fitness trainer and need access to a wealthy clientele), and friendliness of people? Any insight would be appreciated. We are currently in Communist New Jersey with gun restrictions/no places to shoot(I shoot in Pennsylvania), extremely high taxes, cold miserable weather 6 months a year, rude people everywhere, but it does have a high income level.

2. Cambo, I sent you a private message. Lefty Lar

3. Cambo, I forgot to answer about taxes. The property taxes are high. But Texas has no State Income Tax.

4. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    Glenn, I am blown away by the number of shooting facilities. Thanks!!

5. Cambo, thanks for the message. A friend came to visit us yesterday from San Diego. He has been in Austin a couple of days. Loves Austin. He will be coming back a lot because he's involved in a real estate project being built in Austin. Said he could live here. Sounds like you and your wife are doing your homework. Coming next year for a visit will give you two atleast a feel for the area.

Lefty Lar

6. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

Mar 9, 2005
    Iraq
    Welcome! I can't wait to get back to the Austin area after I'm done with this contract here in the sandbox.. :)

7. RRPD1

RRPD1

Jul 11, 2005
    skip Austin and look at Round Rock - much lower property taxes and also in the more conservative Williamson County..

8. ScoPro

ScoPro

Mar 6, 2005
    I helped "keep Austin weird"......, I moved to Round Rock. :supergrin:

RRPD1 is correct:

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/05/24/24rrcrime.html

(see the link for the crime stats)

9. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    West Texas
    My best friend lives in Avery Ranch subdivision, Austin City Limits, Round Rock School District and Williamson County, go figure