close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Thinking about Jack

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by norton, May 24, 2014.

1. Out at the range this am on a perfect spring day. Shooting my flintlock, I thought about Jack G while watching the smoke roll over the firing line.
    Hoping that up in heaven, Jack is
    -Operating a 1050 that never runs out of primers.
    -Smiling at the ladies who think he is more charming then Elvis.
    -His joints running smoother then the ball bearings on a Rolls Royce.
    -And he is positively, 100% pain free.

Happy Memorial Day my friend.

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well said..

I was thinking about him earlier today as well.

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Thanks for his wit and wisdom over the years,RIP Jack. SJ 40

4. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I was doing the same... Looked at my Avatar signature today, drawn to perhaps changing it but just didn't feel right.
    Hope you're doing well up there Jack, actually I know you are.

5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    I must have told a story about Jack 3 times last night.

6. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    It was the admission that you are loading unique, Then jack just comes naturally after that. Jack rip, never. He's causing trouble some where.:supergrin:

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  7. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    I was reloading the other day using Unique and the first thing I thought of was Jack. SJ 40

8. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    Nice thoughts!

Funny how somebody I've never met face-to-face, makes such an impression. I do miss his "unique" sense of humor-not to mention great insight on reloading issues-on the GT reloading subforum.

9. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Actually, It's because Jack badgered me for months to learn how too 2-Step and not just hang out with the guys and shoot guns. Last night I had 3 Ladies ask me "How did you get into dancing" So it's all because of Jack. Jack LITERALLY changed my life. I am not the same person as a result of him.

10. OdinIII

OdinIII

Nov 13, 2001
    Gainesville, GA
    One of the great things about forums such as this is that you get exposure to many exceptional people such as Jack who you would never know in real life. I never met him and I doubt I ever even posted in a thread with him but I always read every posy I saw of his and realized that he was a special person whom I wish I had the opportunity to know. RIP Jack.

11. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

Aug 24, 2010
    South Florida
    A line from the old Vince Gill song . As long as you remember him, he'll always be around . We already know Jack had everything he needed up there . If there was not a well stocked reloading bench and a dance floor up there , there would have been a war in heaven not seen since Lucifer himself was cast down ! RIP Jack , we remember your keen wit and your good heart ( buried underneath several layers of crust !!) Too many people didn't get the guy , their loss .

12. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
  13. G36_Me

G36_Me

Aug 4, 2009
    +1. Thank you Jack

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  14. I can't not help thinking about Jack often. Whether it is knowing that I need to pick up that load of wheel weights at the tire shop, loading some Unique, looking at my unopened can of Kroil, watching an episode of Magnum PI. I still have a copy of his book in my office that I need to read one day.

15. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009
    Yeah The guy just runs through your mind. He was a character and he had a lot f character. I was in the safe last weekend putting away the M1 and looked at my muzzle loader and thought about him. He was a huge help when I was trying to learn about black powder. Actually he was huge help on a lot of thing that cam up.

I haven't been here as much lately, part because life has gotten busy and part because I miss his posts.

16. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    I have on occasion been on the receiving end of his quick wit and vicious humor and I miss him too. RIP.