close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking about getting bigger bike

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ArmyCop, Oct 28, 2005.

1. ArmyCop

ArmyCop
    Expand Collapse

Presently own Honda 1100 Shadow Spirit Year 2000. Wife just got a Suzuki C50 800. Suzuki real smooth nice ride.

I'm thinking about getting either a Suzuki C90 1500 or Honda VTX 1800R.

I know everyone's got a lot of other favorites but please just let me know comments about either of these two bikes.

Anyone own or used to own either of these two?
    Comments good or bad?

Thanks in advance.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Quick! Duck!

Couple guys at work have the VTX and the worse thing one of them said about it was it has a very large turning radius. He said that was only a problem when trying to take the qualifying test at the DMV. You might want to try to wait and catch them on sale. One guy bought a USED one for $12k and a few weeks later the other guy bought a NEW one for under $9k. He's still griping about that.

3. epsylum

epsylum
    Expand Collapse
    Boolit Hoze

Also check out the Yamaha Road Star line.

My brother is a motorcycle mechanic and isn't the biggest cruiser fan, but he even says the VTX and Road Stars are nice bikes.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

I haven't ridden the Yami but the VTX1800 is an incredibly torquey bike. It's also very well balanced. I didn't try to make a U-turn with it, but just for putting around the block, I didn't feel the weight at all. Until stopping, that is.;P

5. OMEGA5

OMEGA5
    Expand Collapse

Check out the Kawasaki 1600 Classic. Plenty of torque, stable as a rock and comfortable.

6. g29andy

g29andy
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

My wife rides a Suzuki Volusia (same as C50 except carbed). I think they make nice bikes for the money.

They have a new cruiser, the M109R Boulevard, liquid cooled 1783cc DOHC 4valve, inverted forks.