close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Think You Could Defend Against a knife Attack?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GlockPistola, Apr 28, 2013.

1. GlockPistola

GlockPistola

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2d8_1367104934"]LiveLeak.com - Think you could defend yourself against knife attack?[/ame]

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

In a knife fight, the winner goes to the hospital.

No thanks.

4. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Not to sound like a chairborne ranger... But I'd drop the dude.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    open carry would have prevented this

6. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Well, you do.

7. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

As an old man...

I can run much faster than most of the slugs whom inhabit my lifespace.

I'll shoot you tomorrow...

If it's on my plate.

8. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

With my vast ninja skills acquired right here on GT I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem

9. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I've fought in Taekwondo tournaments.

Usually, the Winner goes to the hospital.

10. michael707767

michael707767

In a self defense class we learned a bit about defending against a knife attack.... A very little bit. They had a training knife that would give you a shock if it touched you. I learned one thing that day......if someone comes at me with a knife I am going to get cut.

11. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

In a knife fight, everyone gets cut.

The only problem I have with the video, is how everyone seems to be quit as soon as they get cut, or if they shoot someone, that the attack is over.

Friend of mine was involved in a knife and gun attack. Was stabbed several times while grappling, and then shot the guy. He didn't realize he'd been stabbed till the fight was over.

12. mixflip

mixflip

Lol that is my video. Someone from Live Leak totally stole it from me and reposted it as their own. It even has my editing text at the beginning and at the end.

As for knife attacks. They are almost always ambushes. You will almost always be cut or stabbed and think you have just been punched. As I always say...watch the hands. Its the hands that kill. If you cant see someones hands and they are closing on you, and your spidey senses are going off...you better get off axis and create distance or draw your gun. One or the other.

Sadly if its an ambush you wont know it until the first strike. Awareness is all you really have...sadly.

13. sierrafast

sierrafast Coleccionista

It's very hard defend your self at close range when the element of surprise is to your disadvantage.

14. noway

noway

The other problem with this video if you watch the last parts, you don't want to stay stationary. Moving your feet, will probably keep you more alive than dead. This is critical why you should training to draw and shoot on foot.

15. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

My best strategy is to not get knife attacked. Maybe 4 years ago while strolling down an alley I came across 3 men slim jimming a car and asked if I could help them.

I said, "Hey guys, locked out, anything I can do to help ya?"

The main gentleman said, "No man."

Then the second one said, "My girl is gonna drop off the spare key, do me a favor and keep an eye out and holler if anyone's coming."

I said, "OK." as I am a helpful kind of guy.

So then they get in the car and hotwire it, having lost their key and take off.

Later that night, after I got in bed it occurred to me, those guys might not have been the true and honest owners of that car, I bet they were stealing it.

So in this story it is well demonstrated that fortune favors both the oblivious and the happy drunk. What all those cops in the video had in common was that they tried to intervene in something or get the guys to identify themselves. The proper response is to be super nice and friendly and ask if you can help, if not then cheerfully leave. If yes, then you're a super swell guy. Either way the strategy is the same, you don't get knife attacked.

16. singularity35

singularity35

Sometimes all the avoidance in the world doesn't cut it...

Oh, and if I was taken by surprise, I'm sure I'd get killed. I do try not to be taken by surprise.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  17. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

The Nike Defense is advisable.

18. BEER

BEER bad example

as a knife fighter, no you wouldn't. i guarantee it.

and about that video, and 99.9% of the other knife related media out there, a knife is NEVER an immediate fight stopper. no matter how bad ass you may be, no matter what knife you have, you absolutely, positively are not going to end a fight on the spot with a knife, ever.

you literally have a higher probability of instantly stopping a fight with your bare hands better than you do with a knife.

19. clancy

clancy

Too true. I have seen several guys get stabbed(fortunately I wasn't one of them) and it isn't like in a movie where the guys gets stabbed and he falls down dead. it can take a few minutes before someone bleeds out, and in one instance 1 guy got stabbed 4 or 5 times in the arms and chest and he was still able to put up a pretty good fight before we got it ended. A baseball bat to the face is a much more effective way to end a fight than a knife.

For the 21 foot rule, my bother has taught Martial Arts for over 35 years. He used to train quite a few cops, and there was one guy who insisted no one could touch him, no matter how close they were. My brother had one of his black belts(a very attractive young woman) square off with a rubber knife covered with red paint. She tore up the cop, it didn't matter how close or how far away she started, the guy just could not prevent himself from being "cut". Instead of learning something, he quit the school and never came back.

20. eccho

eccho