Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Think My Town(in Jersey) is Takin Me For a Ride...

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by Joe@SBA, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Joe@SBA

Jun 27, 2008
    40.924N -74.302W
    So I go on my lunch break to drop off the paperwork for 2 hand gun permits. Along with the $4($2 each) they said I needed an $18 money order to go to the state, not knowing any better I go get one real quick and hand it in. She then states it would take about 4-6 weeks :shocked: Now I remember a friend of mine saying he gets his in 10 days(another town in NJ.) so I leave and call him up real quick. Hes like :shocked: and continues to say they're takin me for more $$$, that nothing is going to the state, it should just be $2 each permit and thats it, they just have to wait for the references to come back. So my question is, why am I having to pay this $18 fee each time and he doesn't? Why am I waiting 4-6 weeks and hes getting his in 10 days? Thats weak sauce, I'm moving to his town.

2. RyansFortyFives

Mar 13, 2008
    Call their B.S. to their faces, and kick them in the nuts.

3. Joe@SBA

Jun 27, 2008
    40.924N -74.302W
    Thats the thing, I was going to do that, but my friend was like, look its Jersey, its hard enough to get guns as it is...don't wanna piss em off. So I digressed.
  4. I had to pay that every time too, from what I remember it's a state mandated fee. Minor inconvienence compared to the 8 months wait for my FID and first permit. Now its 2-3 months wait.
  5. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    West Texas
    Is it true hollowpoints are illegal in NJ ?
  6. SteveKolt

Jan 31, 2006
    I live in Morris County, and there is NO $18 fee added for pistol permits, just a $2 fee for each one :shocked:

Hollow points are legal for range and home, just can't carry them. But then NOBODY (except for the ultra-wealthy/connected) is allowed to carry anyway in this People's Republic :steamed: