close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Things That Will Disappear In Our Lifetime

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Mrs Glockrunner, Apr 16, 2013.

1. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

Aug 26, 2009
    Mid Nebraska
    LOL............you forgot common sense and ammo.

2. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

Apr 24, 2004
    Kettering, OH
    No, but that is a great idea - there is a drive in theater near me that is still open, I should try it sometime. :)

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    The Republic for which it stands....

4. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    The other thing I liked doing, was pull the pickup in backwards and sit in the back with lawn chairs. Always tried to grab 2 spots and take a speaker from each side.:cool:

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  6. glock_collector

glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    brittney spears, hopefully....

7. flyover

flyover

Oct 25, 2012
    Western Kansas
    Landlines. That’s a good one. I guess you have never been through a bad ice storm. We had one several years ago. The storm took down power lines and snapped poles like toothpicks. The backup batteries on the cell phone towers ran out and then the backup generators ran out of fuel. If you didn’t have a backup generator the only thing you had was a landline but then out here the land line are mostly underground.

8. fx77

fx77 CLM

Nov 23, 2008
    English language in America
    Freedom as U thought U knew it
    Firearms

9. repooc

repooc Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    The burg
    Books will be around for a good while. Although there may not be people who have the attention span to read one.
    The land line is on its death bed.
    When cash is gone so will the last bit of our freedoms.

10. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

Sep 1, 2011
    Columbus Ohio
    I will agree with most except music. TV has all started to go online. Hulu, Netflix and most major networks steam new shows online. I would add College education as well like someone else already did. It is way to expensive and a lot of people can't afford it. So many are taking loans to pay for it and coming out of school and not getting jobs.....

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. onthehunt

onthehunt

Nov 17, 2012
  12. I kept a land line for several years after I went rural, hoping they would add DHS. Not gonna happen here, and the land lines are hanging from the power company poles so they will go down in a bad storm along with electricity. So my land line is disconnected.

Checks... My primary bank's iPhone app allows me to deposit a check by photographing it. One problem solved.

Cash... Government wants cash gone so all transactions can be tracked and taxed. North Korea wants the USA to continue using cash, as fake currency is one of its important exports.

I suspect DVDs will go the way of VHS.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire