Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Things I've Learned in Glock Talk

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Straight Pipe, Dec 23, 2011.

1. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    I think Coptalk is like morning radio, there are many more people listening to the conversations, than participating.
  2. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    Things I've Learned on Glock Talk

If all drugs are legalized, all drug dealing gang bangers will all become productive, well employed members of society, instead of continuing to commit the other crimes they're also involved in, i.e., robbery, auto theft, burglary, rape, etc.:faint:

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    That is Gooooood!!
  4. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    I learned I was an Internet bully, apparently if you tell people something straight and don't sugar coat it you are being a bully.

5. GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    I've learned that every thread eventually goes off the rails...
  6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Threads get derailed within 2 posts if it's in coptalk.
  7. Landric

Landric Supervisor?

All CHP holders are "sheepdogs" while all non-CHP holders are "sheep". The police can't shoot and won't come and try to help, so you can only count on the "sheepdog" that has a 4 hour class and a Kel-Tec P3AT in his pocket to come to your rescue.

The police can only search your car if they have a warrant, and they can only get a warrant if they have "probably cause". I can't believe in six pages of posts no one brought up "probably cause".
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Read my post from the previous page. Probably cause was brought up.
  9. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    what is the origin of "probably cause"? May have been before my time. Was someone really dumb enough to call it t hat for sure.
  10. Landric

Landric Supervisor?

It has been around as long as I have been on GT, and yes, there are multiple someones that dumb. They really do think it is "probably cause".

Of course they have no idea what it is. I had a guy on another board tell me that I was clearly not a cop because I had no idea what I was talking about when I said Probable Cause was the standard for arrest. He claimed that PC was enough to detain someone, but to arrest, I needed "evidence of a crime". Um, any guesses as to what probable cause might be? :whistling:
  11. I'm sure there are some that truly believe that's correct. I've had to correct myself sometimes because my fingers just seem to be trained to type probably vs probable (almost did it right there, in fact).

So, if I had to wager, I'd say it started as a typo, and someone thought it was intentional, and so they took it and ran with it.

But who knows the mind of the internet poster?
  12. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Inconceivable, us?:tbo:
  13. Well, I meant someone that thought it was intentional and CORRECT.

You're not taking ownership of that one, right?
  14. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Nah, I lurked for a very long time before getting involved in anything here. Probably Cause was before my time.
  15. You must be a real hoot at parties. :supergrin:
  16. Probable cause is not an element of justifiable force. My ass going home at night is.
  17. It's a badge, not a cape.

Actually I learned that a long time ago.
  18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The badge don't mean jack.

Thugs will openly disrespect the badge and normal people will not obey your authority. When you can get over yourself and find a way to to work around the fact that there is no magic associated with wearing that uniform or badge, then your journey to being a real cop begins.

In any event, badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
  19. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    Gone are the days when local cops were heroes. Now most of us hide the fact that we're cops as much as possible, not because we're ashamed, but because it has become fashionable and encouraged to "**** the police".

The path that our society seems to be on is greatly concerning to me.
  20. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    A line from one of the early "Law and Order shows": street urchin: l You can't arrest me! you got no probably cause!" Det Briscoe.: you're under arrest 'cause you're probably guilty. ". Yeah, I've used it.