Things I learned on the internet Part 3

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Dragoon44, Oct 1, 2012.

1. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

:rofl:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Now, we're reverting back to the stylus. Only instead of clay and what have you, (bone, wood, etcetera), we do electronic pad and metal with a rubber tip thingy. How, far have we come to go back to the old way in a new way? :rofl:

3. I heard a story somewhere that, years ago, in the early days of the space program, the US government spent millions of dollars to design a pen that would work in space, flawlessly, even upside down. As the story goes, they Russians gave their guys pencils, and called it a day.

4. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

If anything those Russians sometimes do it the simple way. Sometimes.

5. Well said, Comrade. :whistling:

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

:drink: квас?

#86 Hack, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  7. Wha?

:dunno:

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Now there are those new chemical "sniffers" that can detect the rubber used in the refillable erasers on the mechanical pencils. Be careful, those TSA agents don't mess around.

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You're right. I mean, for duty, I keep my semi-automatic mechanical pencil fully loaded with the HB high performance 0.7mm lead refills, in the nylon pocket holster.

However, for dress occasions, nothing looks more right than a cop sporting an old fashioned wood framed No. 2 pencil in a low slung swivel basketweave pencil holder.

10. You offend me. Just by your avatar. Look for a summons and complaint real soon.

#90 frizz, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  11. Wellllllll.... not exactly. Using pencils, the "lead" (graphite and clay) tips tended to break off and float about the cabin. Ssince carbon conducts, electricity, this created the risk of a short. NOT good.

Fisher Pens developed the anti-gravity pen using pressurized nitrogen without funding from NASA.

And now you know....

The troof of the story!

12. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

13. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

:thanks: Ja!

14. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

I learned the far left and the far right are simply mirror images of one another. Both employ the same tactics while decrying the tactics of the other.

Both employ intellectual dishonesty since their goal is not what is true or right but rather, "What they want".

Both have enshrined their every desire to the level of a Constitutional right.

Both despise moderation in any form.

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Both don't give a rat's arse about the common man other than their vote. But, given the choice, I will take the right anyday in any form over the left.

16. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

You're trying to get something accomplished aren't you... moderation is for Wusses. :rofl:

17. Those who have vested interests in the two party system want people to think that there's two sides, left and right. I tend to think that the scale is more of a circle, and the very far left and the very far right meet on the backside of moderates.

18. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

well, I for one am offended.

19. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

True enough. If you don't believe it, search for a thorn in your backside, one of those two extremes will be found there.

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine