Things I learned on the internet Part 3

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Dragoon44, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Well, my 10MM pencil................

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Also, let us not forget what an important part an oversized belt buckle can play in such an encounter, espcially if it displays the official WWF logo. :upeyes:

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I'm more of a pencil placement kind of guy. You can fill a guy full of lead, but if you don't hit anything vital, its all for nothing.

Randy

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I empty my pockets and dump all my duty pencils just in case I have to go hands on but I have my backup pencil on my ankle so I can surprise the attacker.

5. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

There's nothing like Open Carrying my evil black assault pencil with the sharp pointy tip. :wow:

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

It's not really safe carrying that way. You need to practice drawing and sharpening it in one motion. Operators call that "the Israeli Method".

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. RussP

:rofl:

8. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

You guys are too new school.. I carry a paper clip and a piece of string, MacGyver style..

9. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.
    CLM

And, one thing you learn quick with the U.S. Government issued tactical black ball point assault pen, is to carry lots of backups.

Most of them don't have high enough ink capacity to fill out a standard government form. :supergrin:

10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.
    CLM

That's it.

Bad guys should see OC, and immediately see a steely eyed killer, ready to draw down and deal lead, and have urine run down their leg, thinking how close they came to termination, by just even contemplating about committing a robbery.

Good guys, should see OC, and see a benevolent display of personal rights, a gentle man who would only act if prodded past the limits of human tolerance for bad behavior, if only the butterflies and bluebirds flying around him would just get out of the way enough to actually see OC.

:supergrin:

#70 series1811, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I've found that most people can care less about the pencil. But, when you are packing that big black pen full of ink, most people have a different perspective. It is an odd thing. I have been chasing people through the brush with only a pencil and they don't feel the need to stop running away until I trip and accidentally fall on top of them. But, when I have chased them throught he brush with the big black pen they, stop, panic, and sometimes cry. I never understood the difference between the pencil and the pen. They both do the same job.

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Without a piece of Wrigley's gum, the paper clip and string would be almost useless.:whistling:

You, sir, are just a beginner.:upeyes:

13. I have been known to ruin a few inmates' days with just a simple pen, and a certain blank form.....

14. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

<----Uses FN mechanical pencil... extra pointy, and lots of ammo! Plus easy to unload when its time to go hands on like Lawman said.

15. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Is it true those plastic mechanical pencils don't have enough wood to set off a pencil detector????

Randy

16. Actually, a punk pulled a Papermate 7 on me, you know what that is? It's a porcelain pencil made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport pencil detectors and probably costs more than what you make in a month.

17. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Man, those things are ugly. There's something elegant about the smoothly sculpted edges of a #2 pencil... They're way more reliable.

I remember in the academy, they used to say you line up 25 recruits taking a test with automatic pencils, and one of them is going to jam up on them sometime during the test.

That was back around 1980 though. I think some of the new mechanicals have finally proven to be reliable enough. They're still ugly though.

Randy

#77 steveksux, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  18. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Rofl!

In all seriousness, this thread reminded me that we had a trooper instructor doing our ADAP who told us that those little silver zebra pens were ideal for HGN because they could be used as a weapon if necessary.

19. It is obvious that you are not an operator, since you are not using an H&K pencil. :supergrin:

20. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

Damn whippersnappers!

When I started we had to use a big rock and a chisel to do our reports!

:tongueout::rofl: