Glock Talk banner

Things I learned on the internet Part 3

12K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  17445 
#1 ·
Anything you don't like is a violation of your constitutional rights.

Not having your feelings butt hurt is a constitutional right. (And should be compensable in 7 figure sums.)

It's a violation of your rights if a police officer is not nice to you and tells you anything you don't want to hear.

The people that screech the loudest about "Rights" and "Liberty" are the ones screeching the loudest to silence other peoples opinions.

Among the "super patriots" "Rights" is a code word for "What I want".

The ones preoccupied with "Rights" mean THEIR rights which more often than not are the product of their own private interpretations of the Constitution with no basis in established case law or SCOTUS opinions.

#52 ·
Only OC activists can believe two things that contradict one another and yet believe BOTH to be true.

Example: They maintain that a openly carried firearm is a deterrent to criminals. But then also maintain that a firearm should be viewed as no different than a pencil or some other mundane item.

:rofl:

#54 ·
Only OC activists can believe two things that contradict one another and yet believe BOTH to be true.

Example: They maintain that a openly carried firearm is a deterrent to criminals. But then also maintain that a firearm should be viewed as no different than a pencil or some other mundane item.

Good point. Although, I think deep down inside most of the OC activists (and i'm talking about the orange-tip AK47 carrying, youtube-posting hacks) really do believe something more about their OC habits.

Case in point, the commentary that goes along with one of the random Youtube activism videos. (This one targeting Walmart).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3UjRr9YPQ"]Walmart Cashier Freaks Out About Open Carry In Virginia - YouTube[/ame]

The exact quote:

"A couple of times Ive even seen other customers performing open carry, making the statement "I will not be a victim, give me peace and yield to me without violence", as is the typical statement we that open carry wish to convey."

I think the three words emphasized above is what most OC activists seem want to convey.

#55 ·
Good point. Although, I think deep down inside most of the OC activists (and i'm talking about the orange-tip AK47 carrying, youtube-posting hacks) really do believe something more about their OC habits.

Case in point, the commentary that goes along with one of the random Youtube activism videos. (This one targeting Walmart).

Walmart Cashier Freaks Out About Open Carry In Virginia - YouTube

The exact quote:

"A couple of times Ive even seen other customers performing open carry, making the statement "I will not be a victim, give me peace and yield to me without violence", as is the typical statement we that open carry wish to convey."

I think the three words emphasized above is what most OC activists seem want to convey.
If they are trying normalize open carry why do they carry a recordr to go shopping and does he have permission to record her. Is it possible he's violating the wiretap laws?

#56 ·
I see it as little more than OC activists talking out of both sides of their mouth depending on which view benefits them at the moment.

The obvious flaw in their "thinking" is that if a gun really no different than a book or a pencil why not carry a book or a pencil for self defense instead of a gun?

:rofl::rofl:

#57 · (Edited)
I see it as little more than OC activists talking out of both sides of their mouth depending on which view benefits them at the moment.

The obvious flaw in their "thinking" is that if a gun really no different than a book or a pencil why not carry a book or a pencil for self defense instead of a gun?

:rofl::rofl:
My 45ACP pencil beats your 9mm pencil. :rofl:

#60 ·
I dunno, I've always said a 9mm pencil to the eye socket will end the fight pretty decisively. And I carry a 45 pencil on duty!
In all seriousness, pencils (real pencils) can be very, very dangerous. We should ban them:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KX3OriDpgg"]The Joker's Magic/Pencil Trick (High Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

I rest my case, gentlemen.

#65 ·
I'm more of a pencil placement kind of guy. You can fill a guy full of lead, but if you don't hit anything vital, its all for nothing.

Randy
There's nothing like Open Carrying my evil black assault pencil with the sharp pointy tip. :wow:

#69 ·
There's nothing like Open Carrying my evil black assault pencil with the sharp pointy tip. :wow:
And, one thing you learn quick with the U.S. Government issued tactical black ball point assault pen, is to carry lots of backups.

Most of them don't have high enough ink capacity to fill out a standard government form. :supergrin:

#70 · (Edited)

That's it.

Bad guys should see OC, and immediately see a steely eyed killer, ready to draw down and deal lead, and have urine run down their leg, thinking how close they came to termination, by just even contemplating about committing a robbery.

Good guys, should see OC, and see a benevolent display of personal rights, a gentle man who would only act if prodded past the limits of human tolerance for bad behavior, if only the butterflies and bluebirds flying around him would just get out of the way enough to actually see OC.

:supergrin:

#71 ·
I've found that most people can care less about the pencil. But, when you are packing that big black pen full of ink, most people have a different perspective. It is an odd thing. I have been chasing people through the brush with only a pencil and they don't feel the need to stop running away until I trip and accidentally fall on top of them. But, when I have chased them throught he brush with the big black pen they, stop, panic, and sometimes cry. I never understood the difference between the pencil and the pen. They both do the same job.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.