Things I learned on the internet Part 3

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Dragoon44, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Because if someone claims to be a police officer, and (being human and off-duty) makes a statement on a public forum that you do not agree with, then LEO's are horrible people? calling police officers pompous *******s, while being a pompous ******* to "close your case" is not really going to win over any support from anyone without an agenda. Go make a few more CopTalk user names, and support you arguements, because you're not getting any support from me. turd

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Let's analyze factors here -

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

Requires excessive admiration.

Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

I'll say it again. Someone visiting C/T exhibits many of the above behaviors. Someone should get professional help.

3. Which means you're done here, right? kthxbai
  4. RussP

Now this is downright inciteful, or insightful, or...
    And then...
    " guys can dish it out; but you can't take it." Really? The catalyst for this thread is the incessant barrage of ridicule, baseless universal pronouncements of erroneous 'fact' about law enforcement - the job and the people - like the sanctimonious pronouncements in your first post in this thread.

Actually, these boys are being very polite in their summations of what they experience on the internet and their opinions of the people behind those experiences.

They are also being quite restrained in their responses to you.

While you say, "I rest my case," and someone correct me if I am wrong, I believe in the past such pronouncements have been empty of any real intent to indeed leave a thread. [/takeoffmoderatorhat] However, it might be wise to let that be your last post. Otherwise, someone might be inclined to believe you are truly trolling...[takeoffmoderatorhat]

Now, there are a couple of ways to stay active in this thread without incurring the wrath of "Big Giant Head." I'll let you figure that out.
    #44 RussP, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

And the type of mentality your post(s) displays is precisely the mentality being roasted in this thread.
  6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Perhaps the phrase for him should be; "Stick a fork in him. He's done.":rofl:

And, since I didn't have any popcorn handy I had a cinnamon roll and some milk. I rather enjoyed it.
  7. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

It's Arch not Arc........
  8. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

When posting about the views and opinions of Non LEO with a chip on their shoulder towards LEO's one or more will always show up to prove your points.

9. RussP

10. wjv

You posting offends me. . I need to sue someone!

11. Yep. it's about time for one more genius to start their own PTSD thread. :upeyes:
  12. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

Only OC activists can believe two things that contradict one another and yet believe BOTH to be true.

Example: They maintain that a openly carried firearm is a deterrent to criminals. But then also maintain that a firearm should be viewed as no different than a pencil or some other mundane item.

13. RussP

346 a book...:cool:
  14. Good point. Although, I think deep down inside most of the OC activists (and i'm talking about the orange-tip AK47 carrying, youtube-posting hacks) really do believe something more about their OC habits.

Case in point, the commentary that goes along with one of the random Youtube activism videos. (This one targeting Walmart).

[ame=""]Walmart Cashier Freaks Out About Open Carry In Virginia - YouTube[/ame]

The exact quote:

"A couple of times Ive even seen other customers performing open carry, making the statement "I will not be a victim, give me peace and yield to me without violence", as is the typical statement we that open carry wish to convey."

I think the three words emphasized above is what most OC activists seem want to convey.
  15. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

If they are trying normalize open carry why do they carry a recordr to go shopping and does he have permission to record her. Is it possible he's violating the wiretap laws?
  16. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

I see it as little more than OC activists talking out of both sides of their mouth depending on which view benefits them at the moment.

The obvious flaw in their "thinking" is that if a gun really no different than a book or a pencil why not carry a book or a pencil for self defense instead of a gun?

17. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

My 45ACP pencil beats your 9mm pencil. :rofl:
    #57 Ship A'Hoy, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  18. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

That is only true in a fair fight.

But I never fight fair.

19. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

I dunno, I've always said a 9mm pencil to the eye socket will end the fight pretty decisively. And I carry a 45 pencil on duty!
  20. In all seriousness, pencils (real pencils) can be very, very dangerous. We should ban them:

[ame=""]The Joker's Magic/Pencil Trick (High Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

I rest my case, gentlemen.