Glock Talk banner

Things I learned on the internet Part 3

12K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  17445 
#1 ·
Anything you don't like is a violation of your constitutional rights.

Not having your feelings butt hurt is a constitutional right. (And should be compensable in 7 figure sums.)

It's a violation of your rights if a police officer is not nice to you and tells you anything you don't want to hear.

The people that screech the loudest about "Rights" and "Liberty" are the ones screeching the loudest to silence other peoples opinions.

Among the "super patriots" "Rights" is a code word for "What I want".

The ones preoccupied with "Rights" mean THEIR rights which more often than not are the product of their own private interpretations of the Constitution with no basis in established case law or SCOTUS opinions.

#27 ·
Oh come now, you aren't told on a daily basis at your job how everyone could do what you do? They're all smarter than us, know the law better than us, are tougher than us, more adept at dealing with intricate, delicate situations than us, and yes, far more modest than us.

If you don't believe me, just look back about 7 posts and I'm sure that person (whoever he or she pretends to be in here) would be more than happy to expound for hours about the very above subjects. Nay, I say you wouldn't be able to shut them up...no matter how much you tried. Amiright? :supergrin:
I don't argue with drunks, druggies and/or zealots, or discuss religion or politics... no sense in fighting an unwinnable battle on their battlefield.:cool:

#29 ·
Hold it! Give a fellow some time to get the popcorn popper warmed up . . .

#33 ·
Gun rights activists are blessed. their "Rights" always seem to match whatever it is they want or desire.

Reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are enemies of "Truth". And are hindrances in forming a "Correct" opinion.
When someone is arguing with personal anecdotes and feelings, any facts or truth to the contrary has to be ignored. Otherwise, you are ignorant, narrow minded, intolerant, and probably a racist, even if you are the same race or if you are a minority yourself.

#35 ·
Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself! :shocked:

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case! :)

#36 · (Edited)
If a man in a wheelchair is carrying a kilo of cocaine, has a bomb strapped to his chest, and is dumping mags from an AK47 while lighting bunnies on fire, the polce are expected to ask him politely to stop before using any force.

Old women are not capable of violence or non-compliance.

Barack Obama is the devil/savior and will restrict/support your right to own a gun.

Mitt Romney is the devil/savior and will restrict/support your right to own a gun.

Trolls multiply like bunnies and smell blood in the water like a shark.

Sorry, were we talking about the whole Interconnectedwebnets or just GT?

:wavey:

#37 ·
No human mind could be "open" to the constant barrage of bull**** LEO's deal with constantly without eating a bullet.
Well, the problem is:

1. No one cares except those that do the job.
2. When you do the job, its always about tough love for the others that do.

So, you get it comming and going. You get it from the self-appointed sanctimonious retards of the world. Then we are own worst enemies as we give each other a ration of hell as well.

What has kept it together for me in over 14 years is God and the love of a good woman.

Also, I'd quit tomorrow before I'd eat my gun. I've known guys that have, though. It isn't worth it.

#38 ·
Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself! :shocked:

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case! :)
Well, in a twisted sort of way, you are right in one sense: Drag and Patch are two of a kind. :thumbsup:

#39 ·
Well, the problem is:

1. No one cares except those that do the job.
2. When you do the job, its always about tough love for the others that do.

So, you get it comming and going. You get it from the self-appointed sanctimonious retards of the world. Then we are own worst enemies as we give each other a ration of hell as well.

What has kept it together for me in over 14 years is God and the love of a good woman.

Also, I'd quit tomorrow before I'd eat my gun. I've known guys that have, though. It isn't worth it.
Nope not the point. The point was that Officers develop methods of not getting sucked into the emotional quagmire, and if they are unable to be able to shield themselves it will overwhelm them.

#40 ·
In the squad car or break room?
Hold yer horses, have to hook up the inverter first . . .

Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself!

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case!
Christ on a cracker! Who let in the graduate of the Midvale School for the Gifted?

#41 ·

Because if someone claims to be a police officer, and (being human and off-duty) makes a statement on a public forum that you do not agree with, then LEO's are horrible people? Hmmm....so calling police officers pompous *******s, while being a pompous ******* to "close your case" is not really going to win over any support from anyone without an agenda. Go make a few more CopTalk user names, and support you arguements, because you're not getting any support from me. turd

#42 ·
Let's analyze factors here -

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

Requires excessive admiration.

Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

I'll say it again. Someone visiting C/T exhibits many of the above behaviors. Someone should get professional help.

#44 · (Edited)
[takeoffmoderatorhat]

Now this is downright inciteful, or insightful, or...
:supergrin: That's funny! Me?
  • I've learned that far too many cops are

• socially introverted,

• modestly intelligent, largely close minded, and

• genuinely insensitive to

• their fellow citizens and

• the relevant social issues of the day.

• In police work you've only got to be smart enough to do exactly as you're told; and,

• may God help the subject population anytime a police officer discovers that he can

• use his privileged social position to suit his own personal prejudice or whims, and

• subvert the law for his own individual use;

BUT, fortunately, that would never happen; now, would it. :freak:
And then...

"...you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it." Really? The catalyst for this thread is the incessant barrage of ridicule, baseless universal pronouncements of erroneous 'fact' about law enforcement - the job and the people - like the sanctimonious pronouncements in your first post in this thread.

Actually, these boys are being very polite in their summations of what they experience on the internet and their opinions of the people behind those experiences.

They are also being quite restrained in their responses to you.

While you say, "I rest my case," and someone correct me if I am wrong, I believe in the past such pronouncements have been empty of any real intent to indeed leave a thread. [/takeoffmoderatorhat] However, it might be wise to let that be your last post. Otherwise, someone might be inclined to believe you are truly trolling...[takeoffmoderatorhat]

Now, there are a couple of ways to stay active in this thread without incurring the wrath of "Big Giant Head." I'll let you figure that out.

#45 ·

And the type of mentality your post(s) displays is precisely the mentality being roasted in this thread.

#46 ·
And the type of mentality your post(s) displays is precisely the mentality being roasted in this thread.
Perhaps the phrase for him should be; "Stick a fork in him. He's done.":rofl:

And, since I didn't have any popcorn handy I had a cinnamon roll and some milk. I rather enjoyed it.

#47 ·

It's Arch not Arc........

#48 ·
When posting about the views and opinions of Non LEO with a chip on their shoulder towards LEO's one or more will always show up to prove your points.

:rofl::rofl:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.