close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

They should have prayed harder!

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Smacktard, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    This is what happens when you wait around for God to fix things.

Your kids die.

We just had a member last week talking about how they witnessed a man's leg grow 2 inches in a faith healing. Nice... two inches worth of leg... what a trivial cure. Where was God on this one?

2. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    I feel bad for the parents, but this isn't the middle ages. Utilize your local health care if the situation calls for it.

3. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    I don't. They murdered their kids by denying them medical aid for the love of their mythology. I see this no differently than parents that sacrificed their children to please their God with a butcher knife. We have to stop letting people like this do these crazy things just because they have freedom of religion. That doesn't give anyone the right to place children in harms way. They need to be put in cages for the rest of their lives and have any remaining children placed in loving families before they die as well. This is stupidity and child endangerment at their highest levels. :steamed:

4. void *

void * Dereference Me!

I agree. I feel bad for the kids, not the parents.

5. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    It just makes me so angry that the parents are only on PROBATION for the death of their first. I don't understand why these people couldn't have been arrested for child endangerment before the first one died. "Hey... your kid is really sick... you should take them to the hospital." --- "We've prayed for God to heal him and are awaiting our prayers to be answered." End of story... child endangerment.

6. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
  7. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Ah, the Protestants. Always the contributors of...uh....positive things? :dunno:

There are many studies which show that prayer does seem to help recovery. Whether or not anyone in the sky is watching, the morale boost it provides is an important aspect of healing. But, ya know, doing the medicine thing helps a little bit, too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  8. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I'm not saying not to pray, I'm saying do whatever you can to get better.

9. ezthumper

ezthumper

Feb 20, 2013
    Texas
    They are zealots, they killed their children, not Religion.

10. I'm a Catholic, and believe that prayer helps.

I've never read a Bible passage that said,"Pray to me, so you can sit on your butt and do nothing." every passage I've read encourages hard work and perseverance.

11. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    It is my position that all persons deserve the greatest of latitude in execising their individual liberties. Unfortunately, in this case, the parents right to practice their religion infringed upon their child's right to live.

12. randrew379

randrew379

Jan 21, 2012
  13. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    *Agree...They were given a brain to "use" and `freedom of choice`they made the `Wrong-Turn`.

14. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Thank you!

The parents killed those children.
    Religion and God are not to blame.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  15. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    I disagree. James 5 says if you are sick to seek the church elders and pray and God will heal you and make you well. There is also the idea that God's will is God's will. So strict believers are going to beg god to heal their child and if he does not, they'll accept it as God's will. I can promise you that's what these people thought and the religion can support that. Of course it's their particular branch of crazy... but the religion can support an outlook such as that. I think both the people and the religion are to blame. And so are we to a degree for suffering this nonsense like we do. Take that like I mean it... I don't think Roering, for example, is gonna let one of his kids die waiting for God's will. He's not a stupid nor crazy man. He's gonna seek medical help while also praying. And that's fine. But when you mix the right amount of crazy, stupid, and religion... people die.

16. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    They prayed and prayed and had the strongest of faith. Why didn't God help?

17. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Why blame God when things don't go the way we think they should?

God doesn't conform to our standards and expectations.

Maybe God did intervene and those kids are in a better place now?

18. ezthumper

ezthumper

Feb 20, 2013
    Texas
    Zealots are crazy, not right in the mind, and they will follow the Great Moonbeam to planet Meptoid, cut their junk off, eat poisoned applesauce wearing jump suits and Nike's.

They followed the teachings of a man that twisted the words and meanings to suit their beliefs and views.

Same thing, the issue is not the religion, it is the persons using it to further some means to and end.