close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

There is no tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunhaver, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

This is why conservatives and republicans are both dead wrong. Just two camps both arguing over their own ignorant philosophies while ignoring and denying the obvious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMWzjrRiBg&feature=player_embedded"]There's No Tomorrow - YouTube[/ame]

No matter how you look at it you have to do the last thing that both sides want, control the population by letting people die off and severely limit how much each individual can consume.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. kimo

kimo
    Expand Collapse

Be a leader. show us the way by setting the example. Only you have full control over you.

#2 kimo, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  3. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

That kind of attitude has always struck me as a cop out. You don't have to change any behavior as long as you can point to others who don't change theirs? And hey, you don't even have to know their behaviors. Just pick some random guy on the internet that you know nothing about. Great. Now nobody has to change anything. Watch the 34 min. video that you obviously didn't since you commented 1 min. after I posted it if you'd like to know how that'll turn out.

#3 Gunhaver, Jul 5, 2012
  4. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty
    Expand Collapse
    MentalDefective

No tomorrow? Little Orphan Annie was wrong?

5. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans
    Expand Collapse
    FYPM

Three minutes was all I could take. What a bunch of commie propaganda. Ignore.

6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Was something in the first 3 min. inaccurate? How so?

7. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

I agree.

The video says we've used half the world's oil supply.

To know we've used half means that they know how much
    oil is in the entire world.

How did they come by that information?
    How can we even know that?

The entire film is pure BS, full of scare tactics and hysteria..

#7 JBnTX, Jul 5, 2012
  8. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Actually is says we've used half of what's been discovered. The fact that we're going after the tar sands and shale, that those methods are now profitable as time and energy consuming as they are is good indication that there's a lot of truth to that. We're sitting on Anwar and other U.S. deposits only as a strategic reserve since they wouldn't last long at the current rate if we did tap them. Use everyone else's before we use up all of ours.

In all reality it doesn't really matter if there's twice as much out there as we've already discovered. The bottom line is that it's a finite amount and the exponential population growth and consumption that will soon have us needing a new Saudi Arabia every 3 years isn't exactly something we should be racing towards.

9. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

How can anyone know that there's a finite amount of oil in the ground?

Some of the oil reservoirs in West Texas that were emptied in the 50's and 60's, have recently been found to be full again.

This has also happened in other parts of the world.
    http://www.rense.com/general63/refil.htm

http://tccsa.tc/adventure/renewable_oil.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/09/26/s...refilled-naturally.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

This is something your government and the oil companies do not want you to find out about.

There are places where oil has been looked for and not found.
    Today oil is being found in those locations.

Nobody knows how much oil is in the Earth, and nobody knows for certain that the Earth has stopped creating oil.

It sounds like your video was written and produced by Chicken Little himself.

#9 JBnTX, Jul 5, 2012
  10. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Since the MORONS love throwing out unsubstantiated information and irrelevant numbers allow me to do the same. 75% of the people on planet Earth are illogical, gullible, idiots. I may be off but 10 or 20 %. :rofl:

11. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

So does that mean the government can stop taking money to help some people's friends get medicine?

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

So why are we socializing medicine to keep your "friend" healthy when we need to let people die off?

People who believe as you do are the epitome of evil.

#12 certifiedfunds, Jul 5, 2012
  13. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

He didn't say his friends.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Of course not. Those are the people you seize BMW's for.

15. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Oh boy, the old oil company conspiracy. You'd think they'd be thrilled about unlimited oil since they're in the business of finding and selling it. Instead they'd have us all believe that they're in the business of digging up and burning through a finite resource as fast as possible? If there was any truth to this the oil company PR people would be all over it. I rest assured that the most profitable companies in the world have looked into it rather closely.

The abiogenic oil theory has been long abandoned. Yeah, some still cling to it but it wouldn't be the first time in history that people believed something simply because they wanted to despite all the evidence.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin

Seems the idea got started in Russia where today they're just as eager to work out oil deals with the middle east as us and everyone else. Wonder what happened? Guess they found the muslims such a pleasure to work with.

Those oil fields that do refill do so because after several years the oil left in porous rock has time to seep out and partially refill the well. But as even one of the articles you linked states, "According to marine geologist Harry Roberts, at Louisiana State University, "petroleum geologists don't accept it as a general phenomenon because it doesn't happen in most reservoirs. " This is like sucking a milkshake dry, coming back after the last little bit has melted and sucking it up and then proclaiming that all milkshakes are bottomless.

Do you have an article newer than 10 years old? The line in that first one cracks me up, "There are more oil seeps than all the tankers in the world" Oh boy! That should keep us going for a few months. :rofl:

#15 Gunhaver, Jul 5, 2012
  16. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

I think they should take the money from the least productive people first. Least productive meaning the least intelligent. Folks unable to watch a half hour video and comment on the contents of the video when attacking it would certainly qualify. Those people should probably also be sterilized.

:wavey:

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Why? Because we as a society are a bunch of retards. Most of us can't even watch a 30 min. video before spouting off ignorance about it.

So you guys lost the Obamacare fight. I know that most of you are also against his infrastructure spending because you clearly have no desire to bridge and GTF over it. It's not keeping her alive or healthy. She made it this far without it. It'll just make things a lot easier for her. Cry me a river. :crying:

18. lancesorbenson

lancesorbenson
    Expand Collapse

Shouldn't you be slingin' drinks or something. For a mere four hundred dollars a month you could radically improve your dear friend's quality of life.

19. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

And here we have it folks, the liberal elitist philosophy at its best

While he may (or may not) have been facetious, it none the less in a "freudian slip" kind-of way shows the way they think.

"I think they should take the money from the least productive people first. Least productive meaning the least intelligent"

Notice how the automatic connection is made? "Intelligent" means "most productive" to the liberal XXXXX (I was going to use a term for a German political movement of the mid-twentieth century), not actually producing anything but just more intelligent is good enough.

Now I don't know about everyone else, but I have worked long enough to know that some "intelligent" people can be pretty wothless, lazy and unproductive. On the other side of the coin I have known folks that may not be rocket scientist material, but can work anyone into the ground.

I would like to say that our subject was merely trying yo be humorous but I fear his words reveal much about his thining process.

Of course you do realize that he measures intelligence by the level of agreement, to his position, that is exhibited.

He will, no doubt, come out with a vitriolic "Ha Ha you're dumb, I was just making a point" type of defense.But, think about it. Many have probably made jokes about something similar, but the equating intelligence to productivity does reveal that he obviously feels himself intelligent and therefore more valuable to society than someone who scores lower on a test.

Yes class, the subject has revealed the despicable elitist attitude that comes along with leftist ideals. Another reason not to have any traffic with them when they are encountered.

20. VinnieD

VinnieD
    Expand Collapse

Most of this video's critical arguments only function when they dismiss higher energy density options. Such as claiming plutonium breeder reactors and fusion are impossible. It entirely ignores more efficient forms of ethanol such as sugar cane and algae which DO produce more fuel than they consume. Algae in particular requires significantly less energy to harvest since it can just be grown in tanks. It also dismisses the plentiful supply of thorium for nuclear fission.

Food is more limited through distribution rather than supply. Strange that the parts of the world that actually face constant threat of famine are also the ones with overpopulation problems. That however becomes a self limiting problem.

And as for total land area. Big empty universe. Halting progress isn't going to help.