close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Theory: PB Blaster is a great ant killer / deterrent

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kevin108, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Kevin108

Kevin108 file_id.diz

Last summer I was having a problem with ants in my garage - mostly in the walk-in door. I tried the ant traps first. The ones I placed inside helped but the squirrels or something stole the ones I had outside. (I found them all over the yard chewed up.)

I then tried some expensive spray which smelled amazing but only worked for a few days per application.

Then I started playing mad scientist and trying everything in my garage: Simple Green, Windex, ATF, gasoline, etc. I finally got around to trying PB Blaster. Eureka! No ants since.

Last fall I built a 6' wood privacy fence. When the weather broke this year, I started seeing ants on the bottom rail. I PB blasted it; no more ants. That was a couple months ago. Yesterday I spotted a convoy of them along the middle rail. They figured out how to climb the neighbor's shrub to bypass the bottom of the fence. Another round of PB Blaster!

Anyway, if any of you are able, feel free to help me test this new application for a basic penetrating oil. :D

2. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

My father in law has used wd40 for this for years. Kinda tough on the plants though.

3. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Thats a 'bad' idea.

Buy a bottle of DemonMax and a sprayer instead. Works on ants, bugs, birds, snakes, small mammals, your neighbor's kids, you name it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. Ironbar

Ironbar

Terro Liquid Ant bait is the best stuff I've used in years. Kept having a colony of sugar ants appear in our kitchen every Spring. Used the Terro this year, and within 1 week- colony dead.

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I pay $150/q for some guy to spray the bleep outta my house, check rodent traps, etc.,

I used to spend a good amount of time and $ on various chemicals that really didn't work well. Now I've got this guy. We saw one ant yesterday - it came in from my wife's time in a park. We interrogated him. The poor guy was scared. I eventually just fed him to my 4 yr old.

But honestly, I've never bought any product that works as well as this guy. The Ortho stuff - no matter how great and long lasting they claim stuff is - isn't.

6. Adjuster

Adjuster

I buy bulk concentrate permethrin from Amazon.com. Spray interior perimeter around baseboards and exterior perimeter foundation once a month. I have zero bugs. A day after spraying I will find piles of dead ants and other strange bugs that have crawled up out of the ground and died.

/

7. GOCANES

GOCANES

Funny thing...our homesite was carved out of the woods in the middle of the nowhere in NW Louisiana. Other than a few snakes every now and then, and maybe a black widow outside here and there, we really have no bug problem to speak of. Never spray or have anyone treat anything. We do keep the inside of the house clean though, don't leave dirty dishes laying around, ect. so that probably helps. But no problems with ants, roaches, ect. Guess I'm lucky...nearly 50 acres and don't see no bugs!

8. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

9. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Brake cleaner works just as well and is a lot cheaper. I use it on wasps and bees, it works faster then the insecticides. Nothing like being charged by yellow jackets to realize how weak the spray stuff is. Hit them with brake or carb cleaner and they fall from the sky.