close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Theoretical Sigma Trigger Fix

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by Tackleberry40sw, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Tackleberry40sw

Tackleberry40sw
    Expand Collapse

Hypothetically speaking, if the Sigma is so close to Glock in design and fuction, why has no one adapted the Glock trigger system to go in a Sigma frame. I am referring to the trigger, trigger bar, and trigger housing, connector, etc? If there was a trigger housing that was shaped to go in the Sigma frame, it would be a drop in fix for the Sigma's heavy trigger, theoretically. I am sure there are enough differences where there would have to be specially made specific parts for the Sigma, but there is enough Glock after market that I am surprised that no one has thought about this yet and brought it to market. I have been told that this is a waste of time and money. This is just my mind meandering with ideas.

2. blastfact

blastfact
    Expand Collapse

Wont happen. The very early,,, call it 1st gen Sigmas did have a setup something like the Glock. Look up the patent info out there. After the law suite issues Smith went a diff. way. And we now have the cam action sear.

One can clean up a Sigma trigger quite a bit. But you will never make it a Glock much less a M&P trigger. BUT if you own a current production Sigma you can make it run with only a striker spring in it. I have a 9VE and like it a lot. Won't be a M&P or G19 replacing it. :)

3. TreyG-20

TreyG-20
    Expand Collapse
    Second2None

I did the same on my 9ve also. Very nice mod to do if you have one and its free. Difference is amazing to say the least.