The Welfare State and Manhood

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by happyguy, Feb 16, 2013.

1. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Good read. Spot on. Thanks!

3. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Hit a little close to home? :whistling:

4. Great article. Good find.

5. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.
    CLM

The liberals don't like it. That makes it worth reading right there. :supergrin:

6. Great article!!!

It's not just the welfare state, but literally every aspect of our society that's a direct assault on "manliness".

A strong assertive male is considered bad, having been replaced with a pussified and castrated version of what used to be a man.

Real men today have to be careful how they act and what they say around just about everyone for fear of offending someone.

Make everybody the same in the welfare state and they're easier to control and dominate.

#7 JBnTX, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  7. Oh, please do, tell us more?

8. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Yeah, we're a nation of big men alright.

We willingly move to HOA-controlled suburbs so we don't have to get our hands dirty, willingly send our children to government schools, and willingly feed them a steady diet of chemicals, corn derivatives, and estrogen precursors. We willingly worship all uniformed enforcers of kleptocrat authority. Then we complain about it like government does something other than reflect our hypocrisies and philosophical inconsistencies.

9. Don't be a girlie-man!!

[​IMG]

10. You are so right.

11. I swear, you can swing to opposite sides of the political spectrum more than anyone I know!!

12. Excellent article, Thank You for posting it. I am actually afraid for my country and I seriously doubt that things will get better for my children as they go through life. I am speaking only for myself but it is my wish that life will be better for my children than it is for me, but I just don't see how that will be possible due to the downward trend of our country. Our fore fathers had strong religious beliefs we have moved so far away from common sense and religion I fear for our future. Just my thoughts from the Big Sky Country.

13. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

He changes positions more than some newlyweds with a book on the Kama Sutra.

14. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Great Read! Thanks...

[​IMG]

15. Maybe it's your interpretation of my posts that swings to opposite sides of the political spectrum, or maybe it's that I don't see politics as an all or nothing ideology?

16. I replied on the wrong thread. I thought I was in the burn-the-mfer-down thread. You're usually pro-state but not in that one.

17. I think you are correct. There seems to be an almost autistic need for absolute conformity to political set of ideals today and those who adhere to an ideology expect that anyone who disagrees with them on a particular issue must, therefore be completely in the other polemic camp as they re in their own.

A great number of people today have been led into a "camp" with the old technique of "If you believe in "A", then you must believe in "B" and then "C" and so forth. They cannot conceptualize anyone who does not follow the chain and who evaluates each issue on its merits.

The seek conformity even in what they think is non-conformist thought.

Sort of like 'The United Brotherhood Of Individualists"

18. I can conceptualize, but I think it should be subsidized.