close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The war on drugs is a success

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, May 2, 2012.

1. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

2. hogfish

hogfish
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

Hah! That's because we haven't spent enough money on it (the WOD). We need to have more Coast Guard boats, planes & choppers dedicated solely to this. Have more cops on it; grow the DEA. Train ALL police dogs to sniff for drugs instead of explosives, etc. THEN it will work!

:faint:

3. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

No doubt, we just haven't thrown enough money at it yet. :faint:

4. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford
    Expand Collapse
    > OD Glock 32

Kids today are stoners.

/and yesterday

5. callihan_44

callihan_44
    Expand Collapse
    INFIDEL

this war isnt meant to be won, think if by miracle everyone stopped doing drugs the ensuing mass of job loss in the enforcement sector.....it's here to stay folks

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

So let's declare a truce. Decriminalize it, but make sure all the costs are born by the users. No public assistance if you are a user. All health problems associated with use are paid for out of pocket or with separate insurance. And yes, it's ok if you add tobacco and alcohol to that. With freedom, comes responsibility. If you can pay your own way, you should be able to play. Otherwise, I, and many others don't really care if the laws change.

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26
    Expand Collapse

I knew this was coming a while ago. The fashion industry started pushing the hippie/ 60's look a while ago. The Che' shirts came back, and then the hemp fascination. Heroin came back too, and kids are dropping like ninepins. People are sheep.

_

#7 DonGlock26, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

Briefly... forgetaboutit. Treat it exactly like alcohol. No difference at all. If alcohol were today just a new drug coming on the market and marijuana had been freely available for centuries, it would make no more sense to treat alcohol in the manner as is currently the method for marijuana. The "war on drugs" was a convenient political ploy. Nothing more. Now it is not even a convenient political ploy. It's time to admit the truth and drop it... same as protest against LBJ. It's a dead issue.

9. frank4570

frank4570
    Expand Collapse

The religious branch of the republican party is not on board with this way of thinking. You have to be forced to stay away from sin.

10. lancesorbenson

lancesorbenson
    Expand Collapse

100% agree.

11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

So, do you support a change or not. You will have to give a little to get a little. If users are truly responsible for their choice, you bring more to your side of the issue. Otherwise, we are just griping and not changing things.

12. frank4570

frank4570
    Expand Collapse

Sure, change would be nice. Going to happen? Nope.

Prohibition was too expensive, that's the only reason we got rid of it, because we couldn't afford it and there were people who cared about what we could or could not afford. Not an issue anymore.

I'm totally with you. Let people use drugs if they want to, just make them responsible for their own lives. Are you going to start using drugs just because they are legal? No. Me neither. And not most people who get up and go to work every day.
    Hunting is illegal on sunday. Buying liquor is illegal on sunday. And now we also have a law making gay marriage illegal. I voted against the christian statist law, didn't make any difference.

13. Glocksanity

Glocksanity
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. And let the twinkie eating fatties pay for their obesity and diabetes problems themselves as well.

14. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

Will you PLEASE run for office?

15. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

Why stop there. Let the folks who wear out their knees running pay for their own knee jobs. Let the folks get lost while hiking in a national park, etc. get themselves out or let them pay the full cost of all the search and rescue personnel and equipment. Let commercial and recreational fisherman who get into trouble and sink off the coast save themselves or drown. Why should the Coast Guard take time off to go rescue such people at taxpayer expense. Why... do the same thing with traffic accidents. Let those who have them deal with the aftermath on their own. :whistling:

16. frank4570

frank4570
    Expand Collapse

I've tried to get him to. He refuses. I may just write him in on election day.

17. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

Well, he'll get two votes, at least.

18. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

I'll all for returning to full-on natural selection as a means of population control. Maybe we'd learn to rely on each other and ourselves, instead of a nanny state, and so-called 'insurance.'

Imagine if hikers learned how to rescue each other. If fisherman went out together and shared the resources (and provided a measure of assistance in times of trouble. If runners learned not to abuse their bodies and expect me to pay for their knee replacements.

If drug users learned to keep drugs from ruining their lives.

What the difference between me having one drink a day and an alcoholic whose lack of productivity and medical expenses cost me money? Personal responsibility.

What's the difference between the doctor who smokes pot once or twice a year while he's on vacation, and the stoner who can't live without it? Personal responsibility.

We coddle those who believe that the State should provide the discipline we lack.

We expect that the individual should not have to rely on other individuals, but rather, rely on the resources of those individuals - resources that are taken from us as the price of admission to the society we CHOOSE to live in.

We choose it every time we vote against personal liberty.

#18 eracer, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  19. stsai465

stsai465
    Expand Collapse

The problem w/ the "let the druggies have their stuff, then let them bear the consequences to their health, etc" is you all know that politically, that's just not going to fly. What *will* happen if legalization happens is every drugged out loser out there will demand the additional medical support they would need for free, their lost time compensated/paid for by their employers, etc. and with the current political climate (sadly w/ both major parties), they'd get it because self-reliance and responsibilities just aren't politically popular now or likely ever.

20. Dexters

Dexters
    Expand Collapse

What was ever outlawed and was eliminated?

People will do what they will do

Legalize
    Heroin
    Cocaine
    Methamphetamine
    Crack Cocaine
    LSD
    Ecstasy
    Opium
    Marijuana
    Psilocybin Mushrooms
    PCP

But we also need to legalize the use of prescription drugs like Vicodin and Oxycontin by everyone.

http://voices.yahoo.com/illegal-prescription-drug-among-teens-the-3684.html

We need to legalize all drugs for all people.

We can deal with all the problems on the back end. If a 12 year old takes someone takes a LSD trip and vicodin and get in a car and kills some people or if he trips out and kills his parents, there will be a jail cell waiting for him.