The Truth About Hell

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Everything you ever wanted to know about hell in one easy location:

http://www.helltruth.com/

It is not what you think it is.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEChFDeH7Ig"]Brian Wilson - Your Imagination (Acapella) - YouTube[/ame]

3. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Truth about hell? Unless the link was that it does not exist it isn't the truth.

4. Kingarthurhk

Hell has been misconstrued in Christianity, that somehow subscribes to the medieival concept of perpetual torture. This is not the case, and that is why I provided the link.

5. There is no hell. Smoke and mirrors to scare the believers into submission. Brilliant marketing.

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Clearly, you've never been to Gallup, NM

7. Uzi4U

Uzi4U NRA Life Member

8. Wait, I stand corrected, I have been to Hell. It was for cold weather training and an international CAX in Hell, Norway. Yes, we did have snowball fights there. Myth debunked. LOL

9. So your willing to go on record to call the writer of this..... Luke 16:19-31.....a liar?

10. Kingarthurhk

Santa Fe is worse than Gallup IMNSHO.

11. Kingarthurhk

The material presented is to take the terror out of what has been put into the mythology of hell popularized durring the medieval period based on pagan rather than biblical concepts.

It is more of a treatise about how God is not the cruel angry Zeus figure that throws all who have disagreed with him into eternal torment to be overseen by demons.

This gives the account of what hell is, destruction. Further, hell does not currently exist. There are not people being thrown into a lake of fire at this very moment when they pass.

1. This does not syncronize with the biblical account.

2. There is no justice in say, a misguided person who rejected God two centuries ago, being tormented longer than, say someone who is reponsible for the deaths of millions of people centuries later.

God is a just and loving God. Further, the destruction of the wicked is described as a "strange act" and He takes no pleasure in it.

That is the basis of the material presented. This is then placed within the context of scripture to verify this claim.

That is why I have presented this material. To demonstrate to those who have been taught the cruel and ancient pagan mythology that this is a misinterpratation of God's character.

12. Norske

Millennium Member

The truth about Hell is that it probably does not exist, any more than Heaven really exists.

The two concepts are just more "good cop, bad cop", "carrot or stick", manipulation on the part of religions to obtaim the obedience of the dumb masses to the Bravo Sierra that religions spout.

#13 Norske, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  13. Kingarthurhk

As I just stated above, Hell does not currently exist. Heaven, however, does; and has long before the earth was created. Further, it is under construction:

John 14:1-4, "<sup>1</sup> “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup>; believe also in me. <sup id="en-NIV-26671" class="versenum">2</sup> My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? <sup id="en-NIV-26672" class="versenum">3</sup> And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. <sup id="en-NIV-26673" class="versenum">4</sup> You know the way to the place where I am going

There is room for you Norske.

14. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

Do you call Stephen King a liar for writing works of fiction? How about Chaucer, Homer, or RL Stine?

15. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor
    CLM

So did Jesus exist or not?

16. So for you the Bible is fiction??? What do you believe tells the truth about God and any afterlife?

And if you do believe the Bible is fiction............who wrote it and why???

#18 Dyerbill, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  17. Norske

Millennium Member

Or if he did actually exist, was he in fact a demigod or just a really, really bright Jewish Rabbi albeit with megalomania "who heard voices" and only thought he was God or the Son thereof?

:dunno:

18. Norske

Millennium Member

I do not doubt that much of the Bible relates actual historical incidents.

I doubt that those historical incidents have any basis in the actions or interventions of supernatural beings.

:upeyes: