close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Toughest

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by walangkatapat, Sep 3, 2005.

1. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Orygun
    Who in your opinion is the toughest fighter you've seen in the ring? IMHO I think the toughest was Randall Tex Cobb. I still remember Cobb fighting Larry Holmes for the championship. Cobb took a serious beating for fifteen rounds and still was standing when the final bell rang. I believe Cobb also fought for the super heavy weight kickboxing title as well.

2. walangkatapat

Aug 28, 1999
    Orygun
    I know some of you have to have some opinions on the toughest fighter.

3. walangkatapat

Aug 28, 1999
    Orygun
    There's one serious answer.

4. Torvalus

Torvalus

Aug 8, 2005
    Hrm, I'm going to have to go with Fedor. His record does not lie.

5. Skpotamus

Skpotamus

Oct 14, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Toughest would have to be Ramon Dekkers, if you've ever seen any of his Thai matches, he dished out and took an amazing amount of punishment in every fight he was in.

Fedor is getting up there though, he took some major punishment from Cro cop and smiled thru it all.

6. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    Fedor is the best fighter in the world, hands down. But I wouldn't say he's the toughest.

I'll have to think on this a while and get back to you on my pick for the toughest.

7. mhill

mhill

Dec 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    George Foreman. He wasn't a good boxer. But there was no man that could put him down. Eventually his opponent would get tired and good old George would take him out with one punch.

8. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    Foremans fight with Ron Lyle was a knock down fest on both sides. One would get up and knock the other down. Foreman finally knocked him out in the 5th.

9. grenadier

grenadier

May 4, 2000
    Alabama
    David "Tank" Abbott.

While his fighting skills aren't exactly top notch, and he can be choked out, the guy can take some serious punishment.

Take a look at his fight with Dan Severn. Severn, while not exactly known for his striking skills, kept drilling Abbott while he was on the ground, and couldn't put him away. After the fight was over, and they were interviewing Abbott, he didn't sound hurt at all. If anything, he sounded the same as if someone just bought him a beer.

The only time I've ever seen a striker flat out KO Abbott was when he fought Vitor Belfort.

10. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    And Pedro Rizzo.

11. gr81disp

gr81disp Bushbot v1.0

Sep 19, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira. He has been on the receiving end of some major beatings and more often than not has won. Was spiked into the ground on his head TWICE by 350lbs. Bob Sapp, had a kneebar reversed on him by Sapp coming down with his knee, was kicked in the head by Mirko "Cro-Cop" Filipovic, was just viciously BEAT ON by Fedor for three rounds TWICE and was never even fazed. He actually won the fights against Sapp and Cro-Cop by armbar.

12. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005

I'll second that. I don't think he can be KO'd at this time.

13. grenadier

grenadier

May 4, 2000
    Alabama
    Ah, I almost forgot about Forrest Griffen.

This guy had his arm broken by his opponent. Instead of giving up, he simply decked the guy with his other arm, and KO'ed him.

14. gr81disp

gr81disp Bushbot v1.0

Sep 19, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Ummm...no. He had his arm broken by Jeremy Horn (the guy who just got pummeled against Liddell) when he tried to block a kick that also knocked him out.

15. Pac-man

Pac-man

Nov 24, 2004
    Alaska
    Ken Shamrock doesn't seem to have the skills these modern fighters have but when it comes to toughness, he gets my vote. ;D

16. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    Shamrock is a strong vote. I'd put Nogueira ahead of him.

Chuck Liddell is amazingly tough. He wins most of his fights on that alone. He's not the most skilled fighter, but he has beaten a who's who of MMA because he hits like a freight train and can take as much as he deals until he connects on you. I don't think I've seen Chuck take a beating like Nogueira take from Cro-Cop and come back to win. I think Nog is the tougher of the two.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is up there. He took the worst beating I've ever seen, Upwards of 20 knees to the face by Wanderlei Silva. He didn't go down until after the ref stopped it. He stood alot longer than I would have.

17. walangkatapat

Aug 28, 1999
    Orygun
    It's good that some don't forget the older days.