The Top 10 Reasons I Don’t Believe in God

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Altaris, Sep 13, 2012.

1. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Should also point out the tons of brilliant minds looking to expose any flaws in the one theory, as opposed to creating apologist arguments to paper the flaws over in the other....

Randy

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I don't think some people really understand how competitive the scientific community is. If there were a rational way to tear down evolution... there are scientists that would LOVE to be the Next Darwin.

#62 Glock36shooter, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Exactly. Who's one of the heroes of 20th century physics?

The guy that tore down Newtons laws of motion after hundreds of years of being "right". Einstein, with Relativity.

The guys that tear down the existing "dogma" are heroes in science, and heretics in religion.

It's beyond ridiculous to suggest that there's some sort of conspiracy (by scientists who are mostly Christian, at least in the US, by the way) to push evolution or the Big Bang theory in order to remove any need for God, or to debunk religion. Science is entirely restricted to the study of natural physical phenomenon, miracles and supernatural stuff are by definition precisely NOT even a subject for scientific study. If anyone can point to the mathematics of God and how to go about performing experiments to replicate miracles, please step forward and I'll retract the above statement.

Randy

#63 steveksux, Sep 23, 2012
  4. Exactly. Scientists don't deal with proving or disproving God. What they're learning is that you just simply don't need such a being for these things to happen on their own.

5. Why are we even debating this? All you have to do is read the bible.

6. Exactly. Reading the Bible cover to cover is one of the things that destroyed my faith in God. It's the best book to read if you want to become an Atheist or Agnostic. Most believers have read very little of it.

#66 Glock36shooter, Sep 23, 2012
  7. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

That is not a reason, it is a feeling.

8. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

I'll second that. Reading the bible cover to cover in an official academic setting is what permantly debunked it for me. Most christians have never really read the bible, but rather they have "studied" it under the guidance of some teacher or author. Small excerpts are taken here and there and put together to illustrate some moral lesson, but never are people told to read whole books in a contiguous fashion. If they did then they (at least many) would realize how silly it all is.

9. Often under an apologist focus twisting many of it's meanings in an attempt to force the puzzle pieces to fit.

I love the "You're reading it wrong" or "You're not using the proper context."

10. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

If there is a god and I meet him/her on judgement day, I have a few questions.

1. Where did he/she come from?

2. If one religion is the correct religion, why do people who practice that religion have a definite advantage, live longer, not die painful deaths,......

3. Why have all the miracles happen a long long time ago? If god would just show up and do something.....

11. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

I would like to believe.....

But I don't because there are too many questions.

12. Aren't you religious folks not keeping the sabbath holy by posting on here today?

13. It's worked for thousands of years. Why would they stop now?

14. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Shouldn't it be why don't people who practice that religion have a definite advantage, etc.
    Some claim miracles are happening all the time, just not in any objectively verifiable way. If someone recovers from a potentially terminal disease, that's a miracle. If they die, it's simply the unknowable will of God.

15. It's just sad that people still believe in such childish things.

16. He also works in mysterious ways too. Oh an I love it when they say God is working THROUGH someone who is suffering. That he's using them for some special purpose. These are adults believing this horrible nonsense. Blows my mind.

17. It's kind of ironic that her name -- last, or middle -- is 'Christina.'

Actually, there is only one reason she doesn't believe. She wasn't chosen by Him to believe. The rest of it -- her 10 arguments -- are her rationalizations, because she either doesn't know, or understand, the real reason.

18. I love your outlook that God creates people just to toss them into Hell. Drives other Christians nuts LOL.

19. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

Thank you for the correction.

Yea, I love it when someone takes the right pills from the doctor and it is a miracle they survive. Just like 90% of those believer and non-believers alike.

20. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

So much for the free will argument.