The Top 10 Reasons I Don’t Believe in God

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Altaris, Sep 13, 2012.

1. I claim that YOUR God doesn't exist because I know you sacred text to be faulty and man made. I can't say for sure if there is a more complex being out there than us. There isn't any proof one way or the other. I don't need to understand the entire universe or be able to answer all of man's burning questions to know that your particular man made God is just an archaic pipe dream.

If it is your God yes... because we're screwed up and he made us in his image.

Enough to shoot down your miserable mythology.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

I believe the exact quote from satan was: Skin for Skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

3. Hmmm... a quote from a being that was invented by men. Interesting. Here is another "Up, Up, and Away" (Superman).
  4. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

The atheists world is indeed a small and limited one.
  5. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot

The Ekpyrotic Universe: Colliding Branes and the Origin of the Hot Big Bang - Justin Khoury (Princeton), Burt A. Ovrut (Univ of Pennsylvania), Paul J. Steinhardt (Princeton), Neil Turok (Cambridge)

#25 Geko45, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. I only need one reason. It sounds like BS. That's it.
  7. I do not know. You have this man made document saying something inccredible happened, that neither he can explain fully nor you can wrap your mind around fully, but we are supposed to take it on faith that given enough time we will understand the full truth of this amazing claim that something can come from nothing? A little ironic perhaps.
  8. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot

Not on faith, on math. A theory of elementary particle physics is not written in english, it is is written in mathematics. We try to come up with a set of analogies to try to describe the math in ways we can understand (strings, branes, waves, etc), but this is not the actual theory. This is referred to as an interpretation. Interpretations can be flawed and inconsistent and strange and that's ok because their only purpose is to help us conceptualize the math, but the math has to work out correctly every time (actual results match predicted results) in order for the theory to be considered valid and in this case they do.
  9. It isn't perfect. But it's supported by tons more research and brilliant minds than what went into the construction of your book. So no... not really ironic.
  10. 2@low8

Hope I don't break any forum rules for you Glock!9, but take a long read at

Many, many folks have been where you have been...Myself included. PM me if you like.
  11. Okie dokie.
  12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot

I'm sensing sarcasm here, but not sure which way you were going with it?
    #32 Geko45, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  13. Me too. I was 41 before I was able to break the brainwashing.
  14. We will never know all about creation there is to know. If time is infinite, no matter how far back we go, there will always be something before.
  15. If you've been paying attention (you haven't), you'd remember the countless times that atheists have admitted to not having it all figured out. But, we continue to figure out more and more as time progresses, and occasionally have to modify what we believe due to new evidence being uncovered.
    YOU, on the other hand, think you've got it all figured out (god did it), and intentionally bury your head in the sand (or some other dark place) and refuse to look at anything else, lest your precious little fairy tale be torn to shreds.
    We seek the truth, whatever it may be. You hide from it.
  16. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

Summed up: he hates God.
  17. Riiiiiiight. I also hate the Easter Bunny, Santa, Odin, The FSM, leprechauns, aliens, chupacabra, and the plethora of other mythical beings. [/sarcasm off]. Intentional or not, you are a laugh a minute, thanks for the entertainment. Now, put your special helmet on and go outside to play.
  18. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

I can understand why you hate God, but I wonder how much a nutter you must be to hate the Easter Bunny, Santa and the others. To which "special helmet" are you referring? Unlike myself, who you seem to believe is "a laugh a minute" you are not even remotely clever or humorous.
    #38 Green_Manelishi, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  19. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Real effing nice, pal. Odin slays the Frost Giants for you and you hate him.

20. It's just that I'm jealous of big, muscular Norske dudes. They get all the hot chicks.