The Second Coming of George W. Bush

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Did you even read the article the OP posted as the basis of the thread, or the first 8 responses to this thread?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. You forgot the inventor of the retroactive tax increase and one of the supporters of the policy that would ultimately undercut secured banking fundamentals leading to the near collapse of the world economy, Bill Clinton.

I could rail against every policy disagreement all the way back to Johnson which would be relevant to my life, but if you don't turn your political vision to what is happening today, you are going to wake up "employed" by the government, confined to health care policies, totally taxed to support the state's collapsed currency and disarmed.

Welcome to 2013.

#22 engineer151515, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. You seem to think that since Bush was not quite as bad as Obama we should give him a pass.

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Obama is Bush on steroids.

I truly wish we would get an honest, conservative, man/woman of principle to vote for.

Yeah I know, I said honest in a thread about politicians. :upeyes:

Silly me, I can dream can't I.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

5. Now, it is your arguments that lack detail.

I state what I think. You need not interject.

6. #26 Syclone538, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

[​IMG]

:faint::faint::faint:

Did you guys even know that you were caught? Bush was demonized, hated by the left with about as much vehemence as I've ever seen, even worse than Sarah Palin.

You fell for labeling Rubio as Bush III.

Rubio is Rubio, I'm not too trusting of him either, but let's see what develops and not fall for the liberal trap of character assassination by association.

#27 Cavalry Doc, Jan 27, 2013
  8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

About all I can say is Bush was not a conservative (even though he called himself such) and unless I've been fooled, Daniel Larison is not a liberal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

#28 happyguy, Jan 27, 2013
  9. Yeah, God forbid we learn from our mistakes when they're such ancient history.

10. Funny how Congress passed it originally, but Obama renewed it all by himself. Who wrote the renewal that Obama signed by autopen?

11. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Both political parties are playing their supporters like fiddles. Bush (republicans) sucked, Obama (democrats) is/are able to suck even worse because of the previous foundation laid. Rinse and repeat.

#31 juggy4711, Jan 27, 2013
  12. Cavalry Doc

As a country, we aren't learning at all from the mistake made 4 years ago. I'm not a fan of Rubio, but criticize him about being him.

13. Cavalry Doc

All political parties are doing the same. Yes, even yours.

I don't see anyone that is acting like a servant of the people that has asked to be president in the last 12 years or so.

14. When him being him ideologically resembles Bush why can't we criticize him for that?

15. Berto

Berto woo woo

I stand by what I said. Bush smells like a friggin rose compared to what we have now.
    It's interesting how the knee jerk still kicks in with leftist when the name Bush is mentioned...yet they voted for an amplified version of "even worse".

16. Cavalry Doc

Oh, you can do just about anything you want too. There will be a concerted effort to attack every possible conservative republican candidate, in the hopes that another liberal republican will get nominated.

I'd prefer not to take part in that.

17. That comment makes the implication that Rubio ISN'T one of those liberal republicans you speak of...........:rofl:

You've just taken the bait you just warned us about. :dunno:

#37 EOS, Jan 27, 2013
  18. Cavalry Doc

Nope, I never pretended to like Rubio. I'm not asking anyone to like him. His recent statements on immigration have me not liking him a lot. But character assassination by association is a dishonest tactic.

I'd like a deep field of choices a year before the primary.

19. No one is impugning his character. We're disagreeing with his policies which appear suspiciously and lamentably similar to George Bush's.

20. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

I may be most accurately labeled a constitutional libertarian but I am not a member of the Libertarian party. I don't belong to/have a political party. I don't believe in them. You just thought you had me in a gotcha game and could not resist.

And I'm not surprised you haven't seen one.