close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Samurairabbi Center for the Study of the Subtle Nuances in Reality

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Tazz10m, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

This is;

"The Samurairabbi Center for the Study of the Subtle Nuances in Reality"

In honor and memory of Samurairabbi.

I figure this would be a great place to honor and remember our great friend Sammy "Don Katz" with our memories and everything of him as we should never forget him.

Not only does Sammy get his own high rise research facility... but he gets his own Penthouse at the top.

Enjoy, Sammy! Party on, Bro!!!

2. Tazz10m

Sammy was a really great guy and he was one of my best friends. He was easily my favorite here at GT, and he had the best sense of humor of anyone here. He was incredibly intelligent, smart, witty, funny, self deprecating, and had an imagination and way with words no one could rival.

Sammy called himself the "Dungeon Schmuck" because i "threw him" in the 10 Ring "dungeon" because he was not a 10 Ring member at the time and he was trying to lure 10 Ringers away to the "Big Dogs" .45 ACP caliber club and he was also "stealing money" (all imaginary, of course) from The 10 Ring. Anyway, my being the pres of the club, i used to call him all sorts of names and put him into all sorts of virtual situations to punish him. At one point i even had him handing out mints as the attendant in The 10 Ring's main restroom... and Sammy went along with it and played the part to the hilt. Eventually Sammy bought himself a 10mm Glock 20 and so became a full member of The 10 Ring with all rights and privileges... and so i let him out out of dungeon and set him free. But, Sammy liked playing the schtick so he just kept on with it... and the schmuck stuck.

Da' Rabbi was my right hand man. I don't think anyone knew it, but we used to coordinate some of our posting antics behind the scenes (sometimes even over the telephone) just to try to make things even more fun for everybody.

I highly recommend everyone read the "8:40PM" thread in "The 10 Ring" 10mm caliber club. It just might be the longest running thread in history on the internet... not just GlockTalk... and i never made it a "Sticky"... i never needed to... it was always at the top on its own and that is testament to how great it really is... although, i think i just may make it a Sticky now... in memory and honor of Sammy... as the 8:40PM thread is as great as it is because of Sammy.

The 8:40PM thread is essentially a "live" continuously running "story book" written by all those that participated in it, and could be made into a movie.

No one really knows who started the 8:40PM thread. As far as anyone knows it started with some sort of a GT computer processor glitch that somehow put the time in the subject field and "skevlar"s name in the time field. For some reason now it has "wabash"s name as the thread starter. At any rate, the thread started with a whole bunch of confusion... and since the bunch of us in The 10 Ring already had a bunch of antics going throughout various threads in The 10 Ring, we just automatically decided to flow all our antics through this "8:40PM" thread. Now, i think i should also note for the record that since 8:40 is double "4:20" some people might think "pot" has something to do with the "8:40". I can tell you that pot has nothing to do with it. The thread is just pure humor and imagination and is a wonderful place to "get away", relax, and have fun. My hope is that you all might join in if for nothing else than to honor and remember our most wonderful friend who will live on forever not just in Heaven, but as one of the great spirits of the 8:40PM thread.

3. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    We are talking about him, not just because of his passing, but because often SamuraiRabbi said it best.

The same goes for losing the rabbi.

A self described Delphian Oracle, his contributions will be sorely missed. Nobody could parse together a string of superlatives like the Rabbi.

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    ... and just when I thought I'd said it all, I found this.....

5. Hondo341

Hondo341

May 10, 2013
    Isn't it always people like him that leave this earth WAY too early.

4Rescue and MakeMineA10mm like this.
  6. Tazz10m

Yeah... maybe we should be mad at him. After all, he did abandon us! Then again, if he died of a health issue, we could blame Obama, ObamaCare, and all those who wanted it... yeah... yeah... that's the ticket!

7. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    The "Dungeon Schmuck" didn't always drink, but when he did he drank "N-Sweat!

Save a place for us! Remember "No one gets out alive"
    :angel: :tempted: :sadangel:

8. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    I always enjoyed the beginning of a meeting where the penthouse faithful were addressed as follows: Attention drunken 10ringers (pardon my redundancy), always brought a smile to my somewhat numbed lips :)

9. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    A special, special character Don was. samurairabbi kept you close to your thesaurus. Loved his use of 50 cent words and sense of wit that was all his own.

Hopefully life is good in that great penthouse in the sky! We'll miss you samurairabbi!

MakeMineA10mm likes this.
  10. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I am late getting the news. I was away on a trip to the Idaho backcountry. Coincidentally, this pic of my trusty G20 was taken high in an Idaho mountain range called the White Clouds the day that this thread was born.

Cheers samurairabbi!

G20 Boulder Chain Lakes (800x600).jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    4Rescue likes this.
  11. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    You all realize that Da'Rabbi would be charging an admission fee to come in her, since his name is on it...:wow:

Prolly even have it copyrighted too !:rofl:

uncle

12. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Yep, but he's so crafty that we probably don't even realize the small withdrawals from our ledgers.

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    True that....and I haven't looked closely recently either. Methinks I must look into this possibility A.S.A.P.

Now just where did I leave TARDIS ? :dunno: Cloaking device is acting up again...:embarassed:

14. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    Some of my balance seems to have "evaporated".......

engineer151515, to the computer room STAT !!!

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    Might be a problem there, since I'm having a hard time keeping track of it right now, what with the cloaking device acting up again. If I can't find it where I PARKED it....:dunno:.

16. VN350X10

VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    We seem to have stalled on this thread, eh ?:dunno:

Rabbi would have found a way to keep it rolling on.

The seance on Halloween didn't work again...:crying:

17. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    Yea, I think some part of us went with him, because even the 8:40 has slowed its pace somewhat as well...his charismatic charm and wit with crafting descriptive debauchery added that special twist on the subject matter.

Rabbi's, legacy was unique! :beer: Cheers to The "Dungeon Schmuck" :beer:

:drunk:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    He was a real spark.