close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The reserection of an old Benelli 121

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by old wanderer, Mar 27, 2009.

1. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    :upeyes:

2. old wanderer

old wanderer

Dec 22, 2008
    Well nothing is so certain as change,,,,,and the best laid plans...

Turns out right here out in the sticks unbeknown to me, is a gunsmith, but not just a gunsmith, but a guy that was raised by a gunsmith father, spent time as a ranger, then went to the navy, naturally he gravitated to seals...and had owned two 121m.

Went last night, had a long talk about my plans...

1. Forcing cones are pretty steep, BUT the barrel is chrome lined, so forget machining them....

2. He had tried the C & H mercury tube in his, and changed from a gun that was 100% reliable to one that was 90% reliable...

3. My pretty tritium sights, (I already have the ghost rings on), well he talked me out of it considering the other stuff I have added...

4. I will add the large safety and that funny looking bolt release (GG&G Benelli Tactical Bolt Release Pad ) .

5. We will be adding 1/2" more length to the pull, so my thumb will keep from hitting my nose every time I fire.

So guys quit sniveling :crying: until I get a 1000 rounds through it, it will not get changed much from what you see in my original pictures. If it still shoots like I remember it, then maybe it will just stay like it is.

3. stretch415

stretch415

Jul 18, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just picked up a 121 M1 for $599. I get it Tuesday. Havent decided if I want to keep it yet or not(I thought it was a super 90)

Not much info on these shotguns. Anybody care to provide some info Id grately appreciate it.

Here are the pictures of mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. djvdz66

djvdz66

Jan 16, 2010
    The Benelli 121 series are awesome! Better made than the super 90! Don't let these young whipper-snappers tell you otherwise. Fast as Heck and reliable! Don't worry about replacement parts 'cause you won't need them. I have an 121 SL80 and a 121 M1 and they never fail.

5. bsg1

bsg1

Aug 31, 2009
    Southern California
    nice to see you're having some fun with that Benelli.

if you intend on using it for HD... do ensure it's reliability with any additional weight you mount on the shotgun.

enjoy and have fun!

6. GenoTac Ind.

GenoTac Ind. |KYDEX GEAR>

Jun 22, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Another nitpicker...the title says resERection...does that mean a surgery to remove an erection??? :rofl:

sorry couldn't help it.