close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Republicans just don't get it.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jollygreen, Nov 12, 2012.

1. jollygreen

jollygreen

Apr 9, 2009
    There's all this soul searching as to why Romney lost. The response from many Republicans is that we need to become more like the dimocrats.

The Pubbies just don't get it. Romney lost because conservatives are sick and tired of big government liberals masquerading as conservatives. We saw this with both Bushes, McCain and now Romney.

The answer isn't to keep moving to the left. The answer is to remember where we came from and what we represent.

Odd that the pundits at the RNC can't see it.

2. If conservatives are so sick and tired, why did they nominate Romney? The same people who voted in the primaries also voted for him in the general election.

3. jollygreen

jollygreen

Apr 9, 2009
    Good question. All I know is that the RNC is lamenting the fact of an apathetic voter turnout among conservatives. The reason for the apathetic voter turnout is because Romney is a liberal, regardless the ticket.

It's the same reason McCain had a lackluster performance among conservatives. Conservatives were forced to hold their noses to vote for GW's second term, but many declared they wouldn't do it again.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    a couple of things. before one can have a logical debate on abortion there needs to be no funding of it with our tax money. after that its a moral issue to be debated.

smoking dope, thats a states rights issue.

illegal immigration, well, thats both a states right and federal concern.

fiscal responsibility is one which neither party has owned up to lately but yes the democrats are far worse at it.

religion, thats for the individual, as is gay marriage.

what Americans want from the federal government is to be left alone, that the feds should focus on national security, foreign trade, national debt, and infrastructure. when the feds start messing about in state issue they lose voters which ever side they are on.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    ...niether of you get it. The reason you lost is because you don't appeal to women or Latinos.

6. jollygreen

jollygreen

Apr 9, 2009
    I disagree. If the Republicans had fielded a conservative, he would have gotten enough votes to beat zero.

Remember, zero's performance in the polls wasn't particularly stellar either.

7. Lesh

Lesh

Jul 11, 2002
    Northern Colorado
    I suspect that many evangelicals would not vote for a Mormon. I cant see any other way Romney got fewer votes than McCain.

8. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Sep 11, 2010
    Oh how true you are.

The party of DEPORT THEM and God Loves Rape Babies can't expect either voting block in any significant number.

It's like the GOP saying God doesn't want you to own guns, and then the GOP wondering why the NRA endorsed the other guy.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Captain Ron

Captain Ron

Sep 1, 2002
  10. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Yep.
    The GOP lost and the Dems won for several reasons, not just one. I will say their idea to move to the center is a losing proposition. Maybe they won't nominate a second place finisher from the prior election. Cruz won in TX and he was put up by who? Oh yeah, the TP.

Hey gays, live together and vow to stay together but don't call it a marriage. Hey immigrants, try to assimilate like the gays do. God loves all children even the very small percentage of "rape babies" and the huge number of the unborn murdered for convenience.

11. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
  12. You have just defined yourself as part of a small minority that can not possible elect a President. Republicans can move to the center or keep taking what the Democrats hand them.

13. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Do you think Michele Bachmann would have won the general election?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    on another note, evangelicals not voting for romney because he is a morman makes no sense to me, christians didnt vote for another christian because of the sect but instead voted for or allowed a supposed muslim to get elected....brilliant i say, simply brilliant.

15. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
  16. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    DINGDINGDING!!!!!

DINGDINGDING!!!!!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Gee, how many times have I posted that I don't understand how someone the a Evangelical Christian could vote for a Mormon Cult member.

Looks like they didn't.

I also posted that I know a couple of Bible Thumpers that did not vote this time because they could not vote for a Cult member and would not vote for Obama. I also know a couple that voted against a Cult member.

The Right has to have the Evangelical crowd to win an election.

No Evangalical crowd, no win in the election.

Pretty simple.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Conservatives didn't nominate Romney. Neocons did.

18. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    And that mentality is why the republicans lost the gays, the minorities and the women.

It should be "Let the gays do what they want, let the women do what they want, and try to help the illegals become legal."

That's the stance the republican party needs to take if they want to win. Leave people alone, let them do what they want, and stop trying to make government as big and intrusive as possible, and people might start voting republican.

Besides, if you make the illegals legal, and get them official jobs, they start paying taxes. Think of how much quicker we could erase the debt if every illegal paid taxes.

19. dukeblue91

dukeblue91

Sep 6, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    It is much simpler then all this stuff.
    The real reason is salesmanship and charisma which Romney and McCain sorely lacked in but Oborrow has in spades.
    Enthusiasm is highly contagious and when delivered with skill and charisma will move people that normally sit on the sideline.

Quite simple really if you know anything about sales strategies.

20. Republicans are the party of exclusion. That's why they lost.

Poor people: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...My job is not to worry about those people." Romney

Women: “I struggled with it myself for a long time, and I realized that life is a gift from God, and I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen,” Republican Richard Mourdock said, explaining that he would allow for exceptions to an abortion ban when a mother’s life is in danger.

Homosexuals: The [Republican] platform affirms the rights of states and the federal government not to recognize same-sex marriage. It backs a constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

This is just a small sample of how Republicans have gone out of their way to exclude or offend groups of people. Republicans should get out of big government control with social issues and stay on message about fiscal conservativism. They lost because they are hyprocrits, touting that they are the party of small government while at the same time advocating government control in social issues.