Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

The Real Trayvon Martin Scandal

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Trumped up hate crimes? Inmost instances... probably. In this case... no.

2. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Hispanic on black crime.
    Future of Jesse and Al.

Outdoor Hub mobile.
    Tin can/string.
  3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

4. The real scandal is that this is being used to attack the stand your ground laws.
  5. .45 guy

.45 guy

May 18, 2008
    Never let a crisis go to waste.
  6. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Aren't you proud of your vote for obama?
  7. You're absolutely right! Zimmerman should be arrested and charged with murder as his actions shouldn't be covered under the "stand your ground" law. His actions weren't the actions of a responsible conceal carry citizen. It wouldn't surprise me if Zimmerman was once inspired to become a police officer, but lacked the basics to qualify as one. LIKE ENGLISH!!!! Don't pursue means don't pursue.... And again, because of this jerk the "stand your grounds" law is being closely criticized.
  8. I gotta say, this Zimmerman guy has mall ninja written all over him.
  9. Oh, yes he does.... A real "bad as" with a gun....
  10. maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    It's ironic that everyone is accepting at face value the press reports about this incident. Is the press biased when it reports on politics but totally honest when the subject is crime? Given their track record, how do we know that the press is reporting this honestly? We already know that Zimmerman is Hispanic but the press reported it as if he were White. I'm happy that all of you are able to figure out exactly what REALLY happened. I wish I had your confidence.
  11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Might be more to the story.
  12. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
  13. devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is Hispanic (not that it matters).
  14. Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    From the article:
    From the same article:
    Looks like an opinion presented as fact, no?

I'm starting to think it's impossible to write an unbiased article on this particular topic.
  15. Ruble Noon: I don't mean to be disrespectful, but isn't the link that you're referring to part of the media?

Zimmerman went from making a very solid and sound decision, by calling 9-1-1... To ignoring the 9-1-1 dispatcher to not pursue the kid after making several claims about the kid's character... To chasing the kid... To killing the kid...

One would wonder why Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher's direction to stop pursuing the kid, by later ranning after him.

Now let's be honest, what would you have done during your teenage years if an strange adult man was following you AND you did nothing wrong? I use the adjective "strange" to describe Zimmerman, because the black kid probably viewed at Zimmerman as a strange white man following him. Regardless of skin color or race, I would've ran. A strange man following me for no apparent reason is a threat, therefore, I have to run and perhaps fight for my life if needed. Men have been teaching their young boys for generations to "avoid" the fight, but if needed "defend" yourself. As I said, a man chasing me is a threat to my life. So my question is, what would you have done in you were the kid?

Back to Zimmerman... His actions reminded me of kids playing cops and robbies, but this situation was real.
  16. This event shouldn't be an indictment of the stand your ground law. The problem is that Zimmerman pursued the kid even after being told not to . But you're right they are calling the law into question because of this.
  17. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    By media I was referring to the MSM (main stream media)

I too question his actions based on initial reporting. It is entirely possible that Martin was defending himself against Zimmerman based on the 911 call that seems to show that Zimmerman was following him.
    At this point all we have is speculation.