close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Range, How Often And How Much Shot?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by IrishRifles, May 31, 2012.

1. IrishRifles

IrishRifles

How often do you go to the range with your Glock and how much ammo do you shoot up? :dunno:

2. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Depends, just got a bunch of new mags on an exchange with Glock, 400 total. Test fired 10rds through each prior to issue. But generally i shoot three to four times a week. Two times are league or competition shoots. About 500rds a week average.

3. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

I don't shoot my G21 a whole lot, but, the other Glock(s) get a decent workout.

I go to the range at least once a month, and I'll run 50 - 100 rounds through each.

Typically, EVERY range session includes my S&W mdl 41 and my Colt Gold Cup NM, and more rounds through my G19 and G26, than the other Glock(s).

The mdl 41 gets at least 100 rounds. . . sometimes 250 or more through it, EACH session.
    (Get a mdl 41 and you'll understand. Magnificient trigger!!!) :thumbsup:

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

I rarely just go to the range and shoot, but I shoot competitions 2-4 times a month. Each match is anywhere from 50-150 rounds.

5. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Not glock most of the time, but I try to go once a week or at least every other week. Usually about 300 rounds per caliber. Sometimes alot more sometimes a bit less

6. Berto

Berto woo woo

My Glock? About once a month.
    I shoot 4-6 times a month, about 600rnds.

7. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Glock? Probably 100 rounds a month at home, 50-75 at USPSA matches. If I'm home to shoot, that is.

All rounds fired out of all guns? A LOT. I almost need another job to fund it. :supergrin:

Sometimes it's a curse having a home range!

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  8. frostamp

frostamp NRA Lifer

Just purchased a NIB P225. Went out last weekend.
    Saturday, Sunday, & Monday mornings.
    600 rounds total.
    Loved it.

usually do just 200-250 a weekend.

9. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever

About once a month and I used to shoot until I could shoot no more. I have figured out that after around 75 rounds of 45ACP for me is just throwing lead away. The first 30-40 rounds are the most accurate for me. If I shot more I would get stronger and be able to accurately fire more but my wife and I are shooting for self defense training only. "Spray and pray" with center body hits are what we are interested in perfecting.

10. L Pete

L Pete

Once a week........100 rounds.......different calibers, but same routine. If I shoot too much, I start tiring, and I start developing bad habits. I don't want no bad habits in my marksmanship.

11. evilspringer

evilspringer

Try to go at least once a month. Shoot other firearms other than my Glock.
    My family will go thru about 6-700 rounds

12. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

When the weather is nice I try to go once a week, I rotate Glocks and shoot about 100-150 rounds per session to keep tuned up. No indoor range here so in the winter not much shooting going on.

13. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Twice a month. I usually shoot between 100 and 200 rounds. Occassionaly I'll shoot as many as 400.

14. michael e

michael e

Try and go every saturday morning. Usually 150-250 centerfire and 250 or so 22lr. If just a 22lr day alot more.

15. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe

My gf and I shoot once a week usually at the one close to the house. This is a pistol caliber only range, so we will go through a box of 250 9mm Remm. UMC, and 200-500 22lr. If we know we wont be busy on Sunday we might switch it up and go shoot trap.

Shooting is a great stress reliver for me. I would shoot every day if I could.
    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Depends...

Is you from the government?

I only have one magazine, it's a ten rounder but the spring is stuck so I can only load two rounds at a time. I only keep about half a box of FMJ ammo at the house. I try to make it out to the public range once or twice a year and do about five rounds down the pipe to make sure it's all good. Other than that I never touch the filthy things.

If you is not from the government...

Once a week sometimes twice. About 2000 rounds a month of 9mm. Either G17 or G26 mixing it up. I don't really shoot my G19 that much. Various other what not if my friends, brother, kids are going with. I live less than 6 miles from my club. It's nice to pop over during lunch break and relieve some midday stress or to think through a work issue.

17. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Since I live in rural Arkansas I can shoot at my house.

I bought a Taurus PT845 today at Academy Sports in Little Rock for $349.9x and I fired a few rounds through it today.

Nothing fancy just 11rds of Monarch 185gr JHPs ( a mild load), 5 rounds of my 200gr LSWC handloads ( full power ) and 10 rounds of Tula steel cased 230gr loads.

I was shooting small rocks on a dirt bank @ 20yds. Pretty accurate and hit slightly right of POA.

Plan on doing a range report tomorrow and posting on here.

18. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

0 through a Glock since I don't own one anymore. :)

Range time is expensive in my area, $20/hr. I try to go every two or three weeks. I'll shoot 100 - 150 rounds of center fire. I'll then practice with a .22lr rimfire pistol, 250 - 300 rounds.

19. Dan Glock

Dan Glock

At least 3 times a month, shoot about 100 rounds through my 23, 100 rounds 9mm, and a crap load of .22

20. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

about one trip to the range per week, maybe twice between April and Sept. I pay annually, and it's between work and home. I usually shoot for about an hour or maybe 1.5 hours. When shooting a Glock, I try to be there when no one else is, so that I can stand forward of the line and practice draw/fire, and other drills. I'll go through 100 rounds or so per session with a Glock. I also train with a SG in the same manner about once per month and shoot at the same pace with that.