close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The quest for the perfect holster...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ZO6Vettever, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever

Last week I made holster "prototype #35" or somewhere around that. It looks great, OWB all leather, rides where I like, good retention, BUT, it just ain't quite comfy and rubs my flab wrong. Yesterday I made "prototype #36". A leather/kydex hybrid Much like a Crossbreed but OWB. Belt goes thru metal belt clips and the leather and kydex both are at the bottom of the belt. Rides a little lower that way. I need to drill the belt clips for 2 more Chicago screws to keep them from moving. I put about a 3/4" piece of kydex inside at the top of the leather to help pull the butt in tight. (It's a G30.) I have been wearing it about 4 hours and I think this might be the one. I do however have a "prototype #37" in my mind. Similar but all kydex. If y'all got some time on your hands give it a try, it's fun. Kydex is real easy to work with. Pics when it's done.

2. cluznar

cluznar

We will always be searching for the "perfect" gun and the "perfect" holster. That is the nature of the gun owner.

As for me, here is a near perfect all-leather holster. Leather holsters are awesome, break it in right and use leather dressing on the inside.

Check out this #1 in either IWB or OWB

http://nm-holsters.com/products

I have the IWB and it is really comfortable.

:thumbsup:

3. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

This is one I made and so far it is perfect for me. High and tight, good retention and hides under just a light shirt. Very comfortable and hides just as well as a IWB with a cover shirt.

Attached Files:

4. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

Nick makes excellent leather holsters, especially for the money and short wait. I have a couple, however, I recently picked up a Comp-Tac MTAC and I believe this is the last holster I will need to purchase.

5. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

You might be, but I won't buy a gun until they make an MTAC for it anymore. I've got a box of unused holsters since I got my first MTAC two years ago. I have three or four of them now and twice that many kydex bodies. I don't have any interest in looking into new holsters at all. C-clips on their lowest setting and I'm a happy camper. I carry a CZ P01 everywhere and rarely even notice it on my hip.

I hope you find your perfect holster too. :wavey: