Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

The quest for the perfect holster...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ZO6Vettever, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Last week I made holster "prototype #35" or somewhere around that. It looks great, OWB all leather, rides where I like, good retention, BUT, it just ain't quite comfy and rubs my flab wrong. Yesterday I made "prototype #36". A leather/kydex hybrid Much like a Crossbreed but OWB. Belt goes thru metal belt clips and the leather and kydex both are at the bottom of the belt. Rides a little lower that way. I need to drill the belt clips for 2 more Chicago screws to keep them from moving. I put about a 3/4" piece of kydex inside at the top of the leather to help pull the butt in tight. (It's a G30.) I have been wearing it about 4 hours and I think this might be the one. I do however have a "prototype #37" in my mind. Similar but all kydex. If y'all got some time on your hands give it a try, it's fun. Kydex is real easy to work with. Pics when it's done.
  2. cluznar

Apr 8, 2012
    We will always be searching for the "perfect" gun and the "perfect" holster. That is the nature of the gun owner.

As for me, here is a near perfect all-leather holster. Leather holsters are awesome, break it in right and use leather dressing on the inside.

Check out this #1 in either IWB or OWB

I have the IWB and it is really comfortable.

3. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Jul 9, 2000
    Snohomish, WA. USA
    This is one I made and so far it is perfect for me. High and tight, good retention and hides under just a light shirt. Very comfortable and hides just as well as a IWB with a cover shirt.

Attached Files:

Nov 5, 2001
    North Carolina
    Nick makes excellent leather holsters, especially for the money and short wait. I have a couple, however, I recently picked up a Comp-Tac MTAC and I believe this is the last holster I will need to purchase.
  5. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

Jul 20, 2007
    0 .· ` ' / ·. 200
    You might be, but I won't buy a gun until they make an MTAC for it anymore. I've got a box of unused holsters since I got my first MTAC two years ago. I have three or four of them now and twice that many kydex bodies. I don't have any interest in looking into new holsters at all. C-clips on their lowest setting and I'm a happy camper. I carry a CZ P01 everywhere and rarely even notice it on my hip.

I hope you find your perfect holster too. :wavey: