close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Principles of God the meaning of under the law

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Vic Hays, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

All things that people do can be sorted into two groups. The principles of God or the principles of satan.

The Bible reveals both the wonderful savior and the selfish satan.

Galatians 5:18 But if you be led of the Spirit, you are not under the law.
    5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, jealousies, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    5:21 Contentions, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    5:24 And they that are Christ’ have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. FCoulter

FCoulter
    Expand Collapse

http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/SA/SA_paulgalatians.pdf

3. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

That is nice Fred that you know that under the law refers to condemnation of the law.

Now, do you practice it? Not from what I have been seeing you post.

Calling a Christian brother a fool (idiot) puts you in danger of damnation.

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    5:24 And they that are Christ’ have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

4. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

What are God's principles?

They are so simple it is easy to compare them with our motives to figure out which side we are working for.

1. Truth

2. Justice or fairness

3. Mercy or forgiveness

4. individual liberty

5. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

All things that people do can be sorted into two groups. The principles of Fun or the principles of boring.

6. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

What constitutes "Fun" and was constitutes "Boring"?

7. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

Fun from a worldly point of view is something exciting that is trivial and meaningless.

Boring is something that has meaning and value and may take some effort or cost something.

From a Christian point of view something exciting is worshiping the one who deserves it and following His principles and example.

Boring is trivial and meaningless occupations.

8. FCoulter

FCoulter
    Expand Collapse

I used the term village idoit with a smile. No anger from me when doing it.

Since sin is the transgression of the law and you reject most of Gods laws using the term christian brother is a farse.

9. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

What you are using as the basis for your philosophy kills, a strict letter of the Law without the Spirit, so I don't mind if you consider me a heathen for that reason.

II Corinthians 3:6 Who also has made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life.
    3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraved in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
    3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

10. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

This sort of black and white thinking has been the cause of war and persecution throughout history. Once you start characterizing people that don't follow your belief system as serving "satan" then it is easy to rationalize all sorts of inhuman behavior.

11. juggy4711

juggy4711
    Expand Collapse
    Nimrod Son

12. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

Truth exists or it doesn't. That seems pretty black and white to me.

Morality exists or it doesn't. That seems pretty black and white to me.

God exists or He doesn't. That seems pretty black and white to me.

The reason we need shades of gray is because we live in a sinful world. The day is coming when everything will be brought to light.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    3:20 For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    3:21 But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God.

13. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, choose which one you wish to obey.

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

He was using it as a cautionary example, not in an attempt to incite violence. Rather, the opposite, to attempt to give fair warning about what people are doing in their lives to ultimately save lives. This world is a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. His point was "stop running into a burning building on purpose" not chucking people into one.

15. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

They are as definable as God and Satan.

16. GreenDrake

GreenDrake
    Expand Collapse
    Rip Lips

17. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

There is a difference between asking binary questions and categorizing all human behavior as either godly or sinful.

No, the reason why we need shades of gray is because the world is composed of shades of gray. The reason why you need abstract (and false) concepts such as sin is because you would prefer it to be black and white.

You are trying to reduce the complexity of the world into more manageable concepts that you can readily understand. Which is fine, that is what we all do when trying to understand complex issues, but the generalizations of your religous system have gone to far (and often are completely off track).

#17 Geko45, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  18. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

I understand that, but I was pointing out where that sort of thinking logically arrives it. If you truly believe certain behaviors are sinful and the work of a perfectly evil being such as satan then that enables the rationalization of all kinds of behaviors that a person would normally not consider in the name of serving their god in order to suppress such behaviors.

#18 Geko45, Jun 4, 2012
  19. Brasso

Brasso
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

The problem here is that some people think that to obey the Law means you have no Spirit. This constradicts the Bible. It's untrue. In fact, the reality is just the opposite.

Rom 8:7 Because the mind of the flesh is enmity towards Elohim, for it does not subject itself to the Torah of Elohim, neither indeed is it able,
    Rom 8:8 and those who are in the flesh are unable to please Elohim.

Hos 6:6 “For I delight in kindness and not slaughtering, and in the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.

In other words, it's better to obey than to rely on grace for forgiveness. I believe Paul said the same thing.

Rom 3:31 Do we then nullify the Torah through the belief? Let it not be! On the contrary, we establish the Torah.

#19 Brasso, Jun 4, 2012
  20. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

God sees the end from the beginning. He knows the consequences of every action. If we saw as God sees we would see that there are actually no shades of gray.

Justice and mercy sometimes requires that the black and white be bent to accommodate a sinful world. Out of love the principle of mercy overlooks the absolute.

The absolute law is that sin causes death. This is the natural consequence of sin. God could have imposed this penalty on Adam and Eve. Out of love He chose to take it upon Himself. His principles of Truth and justice would not let Him ignore sin. The world is now in a probationary period while people choose to accept His gift or not. This is because of His principle of individual liberty. We are allowed to chose life or death.