close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The perfect gun:

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 21Carrier, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    I know this is a totally pointless thread, but I don't care. After recently expanding my collection with my G20LS, Delta Elite, and LC9, I have come to a realization. My Glock 29 is the perfect gun. To me, there really is no better gun, and no one will ever convince me otherwise. Sure, the LC9 is easier to carry, but I can carry the G29 24/7, and have for almost a year. I just can't believe that such an amazing gun exists, but is so under-appreciated. I am almost certain the G29 is Glock's worst selling model. It's really a shame.

Here's why it's perfect:
    -It costs $500-550 (at that price, why not get two?)
    -It's chambered in the amazing 10mm
    -You get 10+1 rounds of anything from .40S&W to 800ft-lbs of energy, or 15+1 with G20 mags
    -It's more than capable of human SD
    -It's a capable woods SD weapon
    -You can hunt with it
    -It's accurate
    -It's dead reliable
    -Lube's not even necessary (but still advisable)
    -You could mud-wrestle with it and it would still work (that's for you Kegs)
    -It's cheap and easy to replace
    -You can shoot .40S&W, .357SIG, or 9x25 Dillon with just a barrel
    -It's tougher than nails
    -You can replace ANY part on the gun in the field with a damn stick
    -It fits my hand as if Glock used my hand as the model (especially with Pearce +0 extensions)
    -Did I mention it's chambered in 10mm?

I'm sure there are some things I missed, but to me, it just doesn't get any better. I love my other guns, but they will always play second fiddle to the G29. I really can't imagine a better gun. I can't wait to get a Gen4 G29! All hail the Glock 29!!!

2. 100% agree. And I've recently thought about posting A gushing love story about my 29SF, so you're not that crazy 21. The perfect pistol I think.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

3. Ethereal Killer

Ethereal Killer

Aug 24, 2011
    Dont have one, but keep asking to hold them at the store. there is something about them that is different and I do like it.

4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Nice write up carrier!

Any idea what you'll be getting your 29 for valentines day?

5. Sherlock Glock

Sherlock Glock Lifetime Member

Jul 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas area
    SUPER THREAD :wavey:
    One additional reason the G29SF is great. The factory dual spring guide rod is the best of all the glocks. ( I have owned every glock model except the 380's & G18.) My son and I both carry the G29sf.

6. dryfly

dryfly Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2009
    White Mountains NH
    Funny

7. 10-acious

10-acious A Perfect 10

Jul 6, 2005
    Indiana
    After coming to my senses, yours are some of the reasons I decided to keep mine. :cool: Thanks for sharing.

8. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    What ammo do you use in your carry gun? Do you use the factory recoil spring or an aftermarket heavier one? I know many on here switch to the wolff 21lb spring in the 29

9. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    That is funny.

Some Gold Dot blossoms are always nice.

10. cablecutter

cablecutter

Jan 21, 2010
    Provo, UT
    I have to second or third or forth everyones comments... the G29 is THE Glock's to have. now only if the gen 4 would come out :whistling:

11. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Ditto here... Studied 10mm for a long time before purchasing. After deciding, all I had to do was to find the right delivery system. About then Glock introduced the 29. Wife finally found me on just in time for my B-day. Zowie!!!!

12. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    9jeeps, where did you get that picture in your avatar? Id like to have it on my computer.

13. cablecutter

cablecutter

Jan 21, 2010
    Provo, UT
    since we are on the subject of the G29 ... who makes extended barrels for them that are not ported?

14. deadandgone

deadandgone

Jul 27, 2010
    My g29 is my gun, set up just like I want it....and it will stop any creature my side of the Mississippi, and I can conceal it most times, but I must admit, in the summer, it can be difficult to conceal....then I put it in a Tommy's gun pak fanny pak...It is all good with my g29.

15. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    I don't know if I could agree with this perfect gun idea!
    But Shadow carries this mighty little ballistic blaster...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. deathpriest

deathpriest

Dec 12, 2004
    Florida
    I've been eyeing the G20 for a while now. Shooting 40 out of the same gun with just a barrel swap... I did not realize that! When the Gen4 coming?

17. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I love these pics. They could be enlarged and hung on the wall of the reloading room.

A G29 will be owned by me someday. It is on my short list after getting through a couple of other projects.

18. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    I've said it many times, it cannot be beat all things considered.

19. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    The only thing I can think as an addition to mine would be a very nice longslide conversion for the G-29...I know they make the LS for the G-20. But a LS for the G-29 with long barrels threaded to accept comps or cans would be the abolute best addition I would consider adding to this perfect package!

My reason for this is that the barrel lugs of the G-29 I believe work better than the G-20 setup so I feel the mass of the long slide would actully work even better!

Oh yea and the extra capacity magazines real work with this package as well!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  20. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    Amen that's why I picked up my second SF at the start of the year.