close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The parallel universe where Mitt Romney leads all polls

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=AB9D0718-CC1E-443E-A1B3-EC87AEDA67F8

To talk with any working Republican political operative these days is to hear the same tale of woe: a grim accounting of the past few weeks, a dash of gallows humor and a measure of hope that President Obama is still beatable. Never in question is that Mitt Romney is trailing — the private surveys these strategists see for their down-ballot clients make that clear. The only question is by how much.

But hanging up the phone or clicking out of e-mail is to find a parallel universe on the right. On TV, talk radio and especially the Internet is a place where the swing-state polls that show Romney losing are not just inaccurate but part of an intentional plot by the heretofore unknown media-pollster axis to depress Republican voters. In this other world, Romney not only isn’t losing — he’s on the verge of a convincing victory.

2. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
  3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    That is why I don't understand why anyone gives a "S**t about polls and we keep having threads on them:dunno:

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    If the bias of pollsters/press and the use of intentionally biased polls in politics is "heretofore unknown" to you . . . well, I guess that's easy to believe, in your case. To the rest of us, it's just an unremarkable fact of life, known to us, the press, and everybody who watches politics, for as long as we've had any interest in politics.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Doesn't "fud" imply that he actually owns 1 or more guns? I don't think that is true.

6. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    In other breaking news, the latest Gallup/Mad Magazine poll shows that 88% of all Americans agree that retreaded screen name refugees from D.U. are dumber than dog spit.

7. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    Can we start reporting these posts as spam?

8. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Flintlocker must have been banished by the BO campaign to this hardship assignment on GT.

A flintlock is all you will be allowed to own if Flinklocker gets his/her way.

9. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
  10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

It was comfortably cool yesterday, until after dark and then I noticed it was warming up. Today it's downright hot.

11. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

It was actually pretty clear for most of the day here -- it just started raining in the past hour or so...

12. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    If yard signs are any indication, obama's getting his ass kicked.

13. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

Dec 28, 2006
    MO
    Most cemetaries don't allow the residents to put up campaign signs. Therefore I don't think a lack of visible campaign signs is a good barometer for those that will be voting for 0bama.

14. Walt_NC

Walt_NC

Aug 25, 2010
    While we're on the subjects of 'unskewed polls' and examiner links, here is one that points out that the methodology used at unskewed polls shows McCain beating Obama by 9 points in the 2008 election! It also shows how unskewing can be applied to your checking account, giving you thousands of dollars you didn't previously have and how it can be used to get out of a speeding ticket. Seems legit to me. Yay for new math!

http://www.examiner.com/article/unskewed-polling-can-change-past-elections-too

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  15. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Rasmussen now has the president up by 3.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Walt_NC

Walt_NC

Aug 25, 2010
    Fox has him up by 5. I'm not buying it, though. Both Fox and Rasmussen are notorious for having a liberal bias.