close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Are you ******* kidding me? Why should the government be privvy to your medical records for ANY reason?

I swear. Some of you people will just roll over like a dog for the government to scratch your belly

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Anyone who drinks more than 2 drinks per day is using more than the medically recommended amount of alcohol and should be prohibited gun ownership.

Jesus would people think beyond the end of their nose before surrendering liberty for everyone?

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Not here. That is minimum recommended daily dose of beer. And I am talking 2 half liters...not two third liters.

4. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    Big changes coming folks. The Repugnicons will surely let us down again. The Democraps will get much of what they want because The People are weak, and always play along.

5. I agree. Even though they may state otherwise the liberal antis cannot be trusted.

I do not see the prices going back down for a long while.

6. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    This will be what happens. Will be a good time to have an FFL just to do this. $200 bucks for $35-$50 bucks per several times per day. It will actually be a money maker for small gun shops big time.

7. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Restless I read your posts on a regular basis and pretty well support your thought processes and enjoy reading them but can you show us some links to this "not happening" so we can all feel better about this. I can't really find anything other than speculation and posts to the contrary. Thanks,.

8. To be contrary, I think we will have a lot of new gun owners and gun owners that stocked up on what they had previously not had be very thankful that they had the opportunity to pick up whatever firearms they bought.

If you avoided a car crash while driving at 100 mph and got away with your life, do you floor it again as soon as you are on a clear road? Only fools do so. Prudent people realize that they dodged a bullet (horrible pun) and need to be more careful as they just experienced first hand what could have happened.

If anyone thinks that this administration will accept defeat in pushing its agenda forward, I have some PMAGS I'll sell you for $500 each :)

Seriously though, my freedom to own what I wish and have the means to practice my 2nd amendment rights means more to me, and I suspect others feel the same, than paying a few hundred extra dollars for something that I just now realized could go away with the insane stroke of a dictator's pen.

If anyone over the next year has second thoughts and says, hmmm, I could use that extra $$$ for a new "whatever" and sells the very firearms that they felt compelled to buy as a result of the fear of it being taken away, they are a special kind of stupid that only Darwin can resolve.

Constant vigilance takes will power and a dedication to knowing you are right. Vigilant Americans understand that they should never be lulled into a false sense of confidence.

If they do not succeed this time, they will keep trying until they do. It is inevitable that another shooting will occur somewhere. They will learn from their mistakes this time and be better at playing on human emotion, cowardice and fear the next go around.

No Quarter

9. Thank you.

I gathered this from watching Manchin and McCain on Sunday, Keene and Platt's comments over the weekend, and reports leaked from the Senate on news sites that the votes were not there for Biden.

The combination of these led me to conclude that most of Obama and Biden and a few democratic Congressmen, are doing nothing more than saber rattling and pandering.

They know that they don't have the votes. They are telegraphing this without saying it. That's why Obama keeps beating the EO drum.

I'll also add that I believe that his bully pulpit arrogance is wearing thin on both parties in Congress. Most of the Congress has many years of experience and demand respect. I imagine they feel disrespected. They are the legislators and I wager that many of them have told Biden, who is close to them, this very thing.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Do not find solace or victory if they only go after universal background checks. That's just sliding the noose around your neck

11. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
    This is from the news conference with Obama today.
    Why was the shockingly rapid fashion bit thrown in there? We can only assume he is referring to "high capacity" magazines and "assault weapons." Sounds like he is planning to act on these items and believes they are fair game for his Executive powers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/u...mas-press-conference.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  12. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    What The Man said in a public statement, was this:

"I'm confident there are some steps we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

Forgive me, but I can't seem to recall any previous president making quite the same statement at a public address... :dunno:

I think we should be prepared to hear a lot more statements like that one, in the next four years... :upeyes:

And yes, I'd be more comfortable with Romney-Ryan at the helm right now... :miff:

--Ray

13. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods

14. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    No I agree with this info and have seen it but during the 2004 ban we had stuff like this being discussed as well. Was just curious and have high hopes but I don't think it will come across like this tomorrow. I think they will keep banging the drum talking about this and that and will do so until they get something passed no matter how small.

I do think we have greater issues to discuss than gun control, it is by far not the epidemic it is made out to be. I hate to say it but I have seen police chiefs in violent cities blaming guns for violence in just the last week while never mentioning that trying to own a gun in the city is almost criminal. Or that most of the city is gun free zones stacked on top of one another.

15. TeoK

TeoK

Jun 4, 2006
    "I honestly don't care about [private sales background checks]. It isn't a big deal, we do it here. Take 2 seconds and doesn't cost anything. This is a compromise we should be willing to make to avoid any awb or mag ban."

I couldn't agree much more except that we should not call it a "compromise." We should have gotten out ahead of the issue over the universal background check and insisted upon it as responsible gun owners. The cost and specific procedures are negotiable, but what's the BFD about taking a little more time to meet at an FFL to make sure we don't sell our guns to criminals or insane people?

16. TeoK

TeoK

Jun 4, 2006
    "The problem with background checks being expanded to private sales ... is that there can be no regulation of private sales without registration, either retroactive or on a rolling forward basis."

I don't understand why. Buyer and seller meet at gun shop (FFL). The FFL holder runs a NICS check on the buyer. If the buyer is legal, he pays the private seller the agreed-upon price, the cost of the background check, and a little more for the FFL holder's time: $10 for the NICS and maybe another $15 to the FFL holder. That's $25 for peace of mind, and adds considerable inconvenience to criminals and just a little inconvenience for law-abiding citizens. Also, the law could and should be written so that the FFL holder and the feds cannot retain identifying information after the transaction is complete.

17. bill123

bill123

May 24, 2004
    but what's the BFD about taking a little more time to meet at an FFL to make sure we don't sell our guns to criminals or insane people?

That's funny.
    Criminals get their guns from burglary. Insane people voted for Obama and don't want guns anyway. They are afraid of life

Really want to protect people ? Bring back vehicle inspection. Make sure you can't get insurance just for the day you get the license plates. Hell, abortion kills more children then anything. But, we can't talk about that, can we

18. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Why put this burden on gun owners though? They diagnose mental issues in pre-school now so why put this on gun owners shoulders?

This is not a "gun" issue. This is a legal system and mental health system issue. So by making it a "gun" issue and having it fail because it will due to the logistical issues surrounding the idea it will be the "guns" once again being the issue and will have our rights tarnished once again.

When they closed all the mental health (asylums if you will) that kept dangerous folks from hurting innocent folks it started there. When they thought using chemical narcotics to control dangerous folks was a great idea they failed. You can't make a grown man with mental issues take his pills unless you MAKE him take them.

Little Timmy forgets some meds and thinks his mom is giving little kids to much attention and grabs a rifle. Then it becomes a "gun" issue because folks don't want to talk about the mental issues and the fact that just talking about them costs billions vs. blaming "guns".

Allowing a new background check (even if done correctly) is a fix to a problem that does not exist. What needs to happen is simple, you need to make schools and other areas hard targets. You need to abolish gun free zones, you need to start the asylums back up for people that are dangerous and you need to get our fking economy back going right so more people can get jobs and keep them.

Lastly you need to get the standard of education and job potential up in the municipalities with 250,000 people or more to a new, higher standard. The areas in our country that are being attacked by these nut jobs are gun free zones and that **** needs to stop.

People that are attacked and or have family attacked in these areas where they are not allowed to defend themselves need to sue the holy dog****** out of the people that make those stupid rules.

19. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    If universal background checks are imposed (the requirement for background checks for ANY person-to-person transfer of a firearm) the antis will simply bide their time until a high-profile crime happens in which a firearm is used which was transfered without a check...

Then they'll use it to ram retroactive registration down our throats.

20. Tippyman

Tippyman

Sep 12, 2010
    I think this private sales background check push is just a way toward complete registration of all firearms.

Step 1) Mandate universal background checks. (not so bad, right?...)
    Step 2) Crimes still happen with guns sold to people privately because who the heck knows when it was actually sold?!
    Step 3) Lawmakers cry for registration of guns so we can make sure none of these slippery criminals slip through the cracks ever again! Enough is enough!
    Step 4) Crimes still happen... what else can we do?....