close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. NickC50310

NickC50310

Jun 9, 2005
    Des Moines Iowa
    I see that you quoted me. I dont want universal background checks but in the land of **** sandwiches im going to choose the smallest one. Its just the way it is. When this whole thing started i advocated that i would willingly give them the background check nugget if they would agree to let teachers that wanted to carry could do so. That in essence would reduce the chances of this ever happening again and eliminate the ammo the gun control lobby can and will use on us. If they wont agree give them nothing is my stance. Again if something has to happen (which i think it will) background checks are the best option for us.

By the way i have been pressuring every gun owner or believer in 2a rights to join the nra. I have also written a dozen emails to reps urging them to not give an inch.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    In the land of **** sandwiches I think I'll choose to not partake in any of them.

3. The big problem I see is that vendors were not ready for the sudden demand by the panic of so many. I think many manufacturers are concerned their development and production costs will not be recovered. Who wants to produce something they may not easily sell?

I do not know is this issue will be settled soon. Just as with other investments under Pres. Obama, there is too much uncertainty and a lot of risk. It highlights why creating new business ventures in the United States is difficult for so many. The government is acting as if it is their choice what Americans should do and what they may own.

The president will have to settle for less than he wants. The solutions to violent crime is not a new prohibition. To the largest degree, the prohibitions of alcohol and drugs is what caused the organized crime and drug gangs. We know where this road leads and it is ugly. Just look at the crime south of our border. That is what we will have when Chicago becomes the model of a nation.

4. ked

ked

Feb 12, 2007
    tennessee
    it's not how it affect us as individuals, it's how it affects the gun community as a whole.

it's not so much about adding a little cost to the owning of a gun. it's about giving up some of our freedoms and beginning/continuing down the slippery slope of gun/population control.

if we give an inch, they WILL take a mile.

ked:steamed:

5. bigred0383

bigred0383

Feb 23, 2009
    Per Reuters, 9:45pm 1-13-13

"Biden, who heads a task force on gun violence due to give Obama recommendations as early as Tuesday, has said he will recommend universal background checks for gun buyers and new limits on the capacity of magazines like those used by the Connecticut gunman."

"The White House also has said it will try to revive the U.S. ban on assault weapons that expired in 2004 after being in effect for a decade. Democratic Senators Dianne Feinstein of California and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut are expected to introduce legislation on reviving the assault-weapons ban."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/14/us-usa-guns-congress-idUSBRE90C0DK20130114

6. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    How the hell is that a compromise? It is infringement and scumbags like Schumer, Feinstein et al WILL NEVER STOP until they have everything and we have nothing. How do you not understand that? Are you still in high school?

7. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Well then you just keep doing it there. Those of us that live in free states oppose any further restrictions.

8. bluejackets92fs

bluejackets92fs I have bad aim

Oct 23, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Don't throw the confetti just yet boys. We haven't exactly won the battle. There is too much in the air still.

9. McGuffin

McGuffin

Nov 14, 2008
    Well, to address the OP, whether one paid $1,000 or $2,000 for an AR or an AK, either way, it was money well spent. Over time, prices always go up! Some just might have to wait a little longer to appreciate their investment. Incidentally, all of my purchases were pre-"crisis".

I truly hope that no concessions are given with regard to any further gun legislation. None are needed. Enforce the gun laws that currently exist and the government would amaze itself at the number of criminal prosecutions that would flood their dockets! They simply wouldn't be able to keep up. Why then, more laws?

The answer seems pretty clear...

10. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    How would 'universal background checks' of changed any high profile shootings the last 10 years? I know they want it, but I think it's just a stepping stone to go further.

11. It doesn't matter what the White House said. They don't have the votes in the Senate. Biden knows this, as a veteran of the Senate.

I'll say it again. Vulnerable democrat senators are up for reelection in 2014. They won't touch the third rail.

This also has no chance in the House.

I don't see how this is so hard to understand.

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Sounds like the "fiscal cliff" all over again, only witht he 2A in the ballance.

13. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Organized crime predated drug and alcohol prohibitions. Furthermore mafiosi and other criminal scum did not stop being criminal scum just because prohibition was repealed.

14. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    So can I unplug the battery charger from my EMP-proof quasi-armored Mad-Bruce vehicle yet or not?

15. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Or it just begins. Lets hope your right but I'm not holding my breath.

16. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    Guess I'm ready for Tuesday. I feel "somewhat" confident that there wont be a renewed AWB. I do see a lot of local municipalities making anti gun laws that will later be overturned.

This has been a very trying time........ Sometimes I'm glad I'm older that dirt.

:wavey::wavey:

17. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    Sucks for them because around here, none of the LGS will take returns PERIOD! I think the exception to this is mags and accessories, but firearms and ammo are a no-go. Hell, even Wal-mart will not take back guns or ammo even if the box was unopened. So if the panic dies down, I would expect the boards will be full of these people trying to recoup some of their cost if they decide not to keep their firearms.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  18. ggarciatx

ggarciatx Cold War Sailor

Aug 28, 2004
    South Texas

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." _ Yamamoto

I think the Gun/magazine Manufacturers are going to see this as a direct assault on their livelyhoods and will use all their might to crank out as much stuff as they can now. I would not be suprised if Bushmaster, Del-ton, Magpul, Lancer, etc..... all start 24 hour shifts. They know the demand is there now with all the new owners and should follow thru to see that there is enough for them. Just like the Japanese woke us up and united us, this woke up alot of people who were not into the shooting sports world. I guess what really bothered me was they classified the M-1 Carbine as an assault rifle. My father carried one across the Pacific with the 2nd Marine Division (Same one) for 3 years fighting the Japanese. To me this was a direct slap in the face cause it stereotyped him as being a bad person for having to use one.
    He fought and came back from 4 of the bloodiest islands in the Pacfic so we could have what we have today. He was a Democrat way back then when they stood for the right things, but became numb to them in the 70's and beyond. Because of him, I value all of our rights immensely. I served in the Navy, but don't hold a candle to what Combat Veterans did during their time. I respect others rights and exercise of same, all I ask if for them to respect mine.

It reminds me of the movie "Geronimo" with Wes Studi and Jason Patrick. There is a part where Matt Damon is talking to the Apaches with an Interpreter about them having to give up alcohol.

Matt Damon:There must be no drinkingof whiskey or Tizwin.
    any violations of these rules...will result in confinement in an Army
    prison stockade.

Apache Warrior speaks out why

Interpreter:He want to know why these rules.Why they be punished?
    What you care if Apache drink? Soldier drink.

Matt Damon: Nantan Lupan says if Apache drink, Apache fight. Apache get into trouble. It's bad for everyone.

It's bad for the Apache, it's bad for soldiers...
    ..bad for all the White-Eyes.

Apache Warrior speaks out.

Interpreter: Say, why, if some Apache do bad things, all are punished?

Matt Damon: That will not happen. All Apache should not be punished
    for the mistakes of only a few. We will determine who is responsible
    and only those few will be punished.

hmmm... and what happened to the Apaches afterwards in history?

19. dbcooper

dbcooper

Mar 2, 2011
    My money is on an EO tasking the BATF with banning ammo sales online, requiring approval for purchasing over a certian amount, limiting access to handloading components and adding a massive ammo tax across the board.

20. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I miss typed, I'll edit that. My communication skills suck sometimes. I'm a member of everything, I did that after sandy hook. And I sent the nra-ila a few donations. And I 'll continue with all of those memberships knowing there will be another sandy hook. It's only a matter of time.