close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. silentpoet

silentpoet

Maybe we should have universal registration of phones and printers too. I mean some speech might offend some DU troll.

2. mattenglish

mattenglish

"being much more interested in "combat/tactical" shooting to protect my family, versus standard target shooting, i find your explanation to be A+ for my needs!!! TY Chute!!!"

...above is one of the 3 posts you referred to...that sound like an anti-gun, anti-kill bad guy mentality?
    so i'm a newbie on this forum...so freakin' what? and yep, i don't know what the acronym DU is nor the slang "troll"...my life is not focused on chatrooms.
    i watched Chutes video regarding point shooting and went out plinking yesterday to work on those suggestions, blowing out 200 rounds...I practice what i preach. both in the use of my guns, and urging my congressmen to support the 2nd.
    Looks like we gotta buncha john wayne wannabees who try to pick on the newbie for discussing rational ideas...ideas that are STILL pro-gun! I should be able to own an AR or a 30 round pistol clip.

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I fancy myself more like Max Rockatansky. Get your stories straight if you want to try to insult someone.

4. mattenglish

mattenglish

THIS reply to my response about others insulting ME? If they can't take it, they should not dish it out in the first place.

5. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I'd be happy with this.

As for blaming Congress,maybe Congress is just listening to the voters.
    :tongueout:
    Maybe the FUHRER OBAMITLER and his GUNSTOPO should too.

The people Who shelled out big panic bucks:rofl:

6. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

A receipt would handle that. I sold the weapon on date X…

No, you're not.

Your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

1. It's none of the government's business where my firearms are. Ever.

2. A private sale registration scheme is worthless unless .gov knows where all the weapons are to start with. If not, that is unless to say there is immediate, universal house to house search and seizure, the pre-existing 300 MILLION weapons could continue to exchange hands without the government knowing about it. Any weapon encountered by LE would be indeterminate as to how many people have owned it and how many times its changed hands (or when) except for the original owner and current possessor if the ATF were in possession of a 4473 and the gun, the one of 300 MILLION, were manufactured before the start of said registration.

3. Ask the Canadians how theirs is working. It's not.

WTF does having a record of weapon (lets say, for example, a 4473 exists, as it does now. That's a form of a registration. How does that stop a crime?) Truth: Registration only aids later confiscation.

Libs will never get off our backs until all weapons are confiscated. They live to harass and attempt all forms of regulation, most of which is ineffective and meaningless. They're control freaks. Are you really so gullible, Mr Chamberlain, to believe they'd ever be satisfied?

In the parlance of the day, well regulated meant well-practiced. So as far as I'm concerned, it means target ranges are protected too. They did not at ALL mean government regulation.

7. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Sunday...almost a week! Panic is not over yet!

8. Providence

Providence

Assuming what you say is true...

I believe in a literal and historical reading of the bill of rights. Many today want to change the constitution to suit their own agenda. A little over 100 years ago, we knew that we needed to amend the constitution to outlaw alcohol. Now we think we can do something like that with a simple majority vote... or a Presidential Executive Order.

That goes for the second amendment as well. There is ample historical examples of what the founding fathers meant by their wording. The "militia" was/is the citizens of the United States. "Well regulated" refers to the citizens being prepared. It is our responsibility to be prepared.

Most of the confusion may be because the definition of words have changed slightly over the last 200 years... for example "pursuit of happiness" actually refers to our God-given right to have a chance at success - not happiness like we think of it today.

9. Realfire

Realfire

I only hope your right but I believe it is far from over !

10. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

It ain't over yet.

Mesquite TX gun show today:
    Bulk .223 was $1100 for 1000 rounds. Even the private sellers with ammo in backpacks were asking $1 per round. Glad I don't need any .223.
    LR308 20 round mags, $125.
    AR-15 30 round steel mags with tan follower, $39.95.
    Ruger 10/22 - 25 round mags, $109.
    I watched a guy laugh at being offered $400 for a wooden stocked ordinary SKS.

I am so glad I saw this coming. I even have enough to sell a bit. Friend of mine sold 45 x AR 15 mags out of his backpack walking around.

It's capitalism in action. Hang on, bumpy road ahead.

11. mattenglish

mattenglish

WELL STATED...and no schoolgirl insult included in the commentary....TY.

perhaps, in stating my acceptance of increasing background registration, i should have emphasized the background check of the buyer...THIS is what makes it different from a mere receipt...
    my overall view on this is that i would be willing to stiffen the background checking in order to maintain AR/megaclip firearms. I understand the fear of "mission creep" by the leftists, but i feel the pros outweigh the cons and we can put issue to bed.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

No you aren't.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

WHAT is a mega clip firearm?

14. PAGunner

PAGunner

Lmfao, ya that's a new one. Ooohhhhsss nooooeeesss not the "megaclip"... I'm just waiting for someone to post a picture and caption it with megaclip. Lol

15. Ruggles

Ruggles

I still foresee a crap load of everything in mass production right now (ammo, mags, ARs and AR parts) hitting the market latter this year and a huge spike in supply while demand starts to slow down due to inaction on new proposed legislation and people calming down.

I think we will all be able to order mags, ammo or BCGs and even complete rifles at MSRP by mid to late summer.

Might even be some folks selling stuff they over extended themselves for at really good prices.

Now late 2014 / early 2015 might be a like this again if the midterms go badly.

This is a lot like 2008 (which was driven by mainly just gun people) but more intense (it is being driven by gun and non gun people) but like 2008 it will subside with 6 months I think.

I might pick up a PTR91 then :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  16. mad220860

mad220860

17. mattenglish

mattenglish

must i use accepted "glock talk" jargon to be accepted here??? what does mega mean to most people? what is clip slang for some gun folks....this is no place for Grammar Nazis...a 10+++ round clip i termed megaclip off the cuff merely to simplify my post, knowing most reasonable folks would catch on to this "not officially approved" term.

some of you *********s are what give us gunlovers and patriots who understand the concept of the individual being able to protact themselves from tyranny a bad name.

bunch of conformists is what you are...you conform to everything your fellow peers go with to be accepted. buncha females.

i heard this forum had a bunch of Dbags, and found they are right...still a GLOCK lover, but done w/ this piece of **** forum.

18. USMCgs3

USMCgs3

Huh, hicap is shorter, simpler term. Your rant implies your patriotism for sure. No need to get "megamad". :rolleyes:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. Bruce M

Bruce M

[​IMG]

20. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

[​IMG]

Take a deep breath, hold it for 20 minutes, try again.