close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jbailey8

jbailey8

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA
    I think I'd be willing to compromise with mandatory bill of sale on private sales. Keep them for, say, five years? Then throw them away.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

That's the infringement paper trail Obama wants, as the foundation for registration and then confiscation.

3. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    It's Wednesday....no let-up yet!

4. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    Anti-gunner. Anti 2A. Anti-Freedom. Anti-American.

5. Harleyman05

Harleyman05

Dec 29, 2012
    OMG, he has kids on the stage...what a tool to use the kids

6. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...plans-to-take-as-part-anti-gun-violence-plan/

some of these taken with face value don't bother me some do. Specifically I like the idea of federally funded training for SRO programs and the Like.

He did not announce an EO on Assult Weapons
    He did not announce an EO on Mag Capacity

Those 21 thigns are largely mundaine from my prospective and I was afraid that he would EO one or both of those things. He did not.

This is going to be a political battle for sure but frankly this today for the moment could have been much much worse.

7. cal45

cal45

Jan 21, 2001
    Orlando, Florida
    Yes, he did. He announced he wanted to re-instate the Brady Ban from 1994 = Assult Weapons & 10 rd mag limits.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  8. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    It almost would have been better to sign an EO reinstating the AWB, as it would have been overturned almost immediately.

9. exmdshooter

exmdshooter WWJMBD?

Which even he realizes he can't legally do by EO... kinda surprises me he acknowledges there's any limit to his powers. This is why we need to be relentless in contacting our congresscritters and telling them not no, but hell no.

10. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    Studies and research done with a bias will lay groundwork for future legislation.

11. What I said was he did not EO the AWB which he did not. He is asking congress to do it. We need to continue to write our reps and each others reps and anyone else who will listen.

12. iLift45's

iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    Totally agree! The NRA needs to keep fighting and they will, but this speech could have been a lot worse.

13. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

All in all, today was a photo op and not much more. The ball is in Congress' court concerning enacting a new AWB, mag limits, etc. I'm betting public outcry will keep them from passing into law...and Obongo will blame the Republicans, scoring political points. The 2014 elections will be key - we need to elect pro-gun candidates and oust anti-gun ones.

Today was a victory. We dodged the firing of the starting gun for the next American Revolution - for today. Keep up the fire on Congress. Let them know we will NOT accept any new AWB or magazine limits.

14. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    Move to a free state and you'll meet plenty.

15. cal45

cal45

Jan 21, 2001
    Orlando, Florida
    Understood - I wasn't sure what you meant by EO but now know you meant Executive Order. ;)

16. He said nothing to either incite or sustain panic from reasonable gun owners. He basically admitted that he can't ban anything by Executive Order.

Folks who continue to panic buy are fools.

17. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    At least 25% of this country lives in states facing imminent gun control legislation.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I don't like the EOs but I don't think there is a very good chance we'll get an AWB. MAYBE mag restrictions but I doubt it.

However these dumb elected SOBs probably just set the base rate of sustained gun sAles to a new high. IOW, prices will drop but a lot of us will go on a sustained buying spree for years to come.

The law of in intended consequences always applies when government messes with stuff.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire