close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Ruggles

Ruggles

Yeah, let him try and take away bolt action .30-06 rifles from the south.....:rofl:

You think the AR boys are volatile about their ARs? Take a way a county boys hunting rifle :whistling:

Honestly the state (as designed) are the one who will be most successful in countering this crap from the federal government IMO. I feel for those guys and girls in liberal crazy states like NY and CA but what occurs there is not a indicator of what will occur everywhere. NY is not a indicator of where things are headed nationwide from state firearm laws IMO.

Obama is not to blame for NY's stupidity with this new law, NY is.....this crap has been going on in NY and elsewhere at the state level long before Obama.

He will get his rightful due and blame when he announces his federal plans....

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Not even remotely the same as state level firearm laws IMO. Again sorry for what is going on at a state level in certain areas of America but that does not mean the insanity will spread. Texas (among many other states) is not looking to NY for leadership or guidance on much of anything much less firearm laws.....:wavey:

3. jstormbringer

jstormbringer My Glocks rock

And they wonder why we say no problem I'm good and drive on with our lives, just as my WW2 veteran grandfather and Vietnam veteran uncles did.... My .02
    :whistling:

4. EKUJustice

EKUJustice

Requiring background checks would work to an extent without registration my guess is people would still sell them as usual to people they know which means they aren't gonna sell to someone restricted. What it would prevent is the person meeting a stranger from a forum in a parking lot to sell as they don't know if the person is legit or someone about to set them up so that would end up going through a dealer

5. WASRfan

WASRfan

Absofreakinglootly. But the above is more of an outgrowth of the GeeeDubb era, when "it's for the cop's safety" was the daily drumbeat and the DHS went over the top with the Patriot Act.

Now everyone that is anti-gun believes that cops are "outgunned" - as the media would have them believe.

Always funny when these fuzzy-head libs get all bent outta shape when cops shoot a street bum 37 times in NYC, or also in NYC - warrantless stop 'n frisks. "Its for the cop's safety!"

Recall when Obummer's plaftform was against all those horrid GeeeeeeeeeeeDubb programs the nasty Republicans put into place?
    That is, until he got into office and found out how HE can use GeeeeDubs tools to secure his power.

He has since pizzed a lot of his own liberal constituents off. Drone strikes and murders of US citizens tend to do that.

Sadly for us; his liberal base wasn't so disenchanted as to not vote for him again. Mittney tended to do that.

6. NickC50310

NickC50310

I did just that today actually. As gun owners it is our responsibility to do our best to keep guns in the correct hands. Keeping them out of the hands of criminals or the mentally ill is part of our job as responsible gun owners. I bought an ar a few weeks ago. Ended up getting another this week that i liked better so i sold the one i got before. Sold in under a day on armslist. Terms of the sale was filling out a bill of sale, having a valid iowa id, and having a permit to purchase handguns or permit to carry (in iowa this means they have already passed a background check). It was easy as pie. No rights were violated and i know the gun i sold wasnt going to someone who shouldnt have one.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

8. Minnow

Minnow

Yes.
    I found a bargain on a Sobakawa Pillow. Now Looking to trade for a PMAG or 1lb of Varget. I'll keep watching infomercials and see if I can sweeten the deal. :supergrin:

9. Nac4788

Nac4788

10. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero Padawan

While I do not generally agree with the paranoid rantings that seem way too common on GT, it isn't as though police seizure of law abiding citizens' firearms isn't without precedence:

Hurricane Katrina - Confiscation of Civilian Firearms

I know that not everyone followed orders blindly (I remember reading somewhere that an Army unit refused to, stating that it was a constitutionally unlawful order), but enough obeyed to seize over a thousand privately owned firearms ...

11. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So how many of the approximately 34000 NYC police will not take people's guns? I guess we now have a test case in NY to see if what you guys keep telling us about police is true.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. NickC50310

NickC50310

Not even a fair comparison. Freedom and liberty waved bye bye to everyone in that hell hole long ago. I bet most nypd will do as their emperors bloomberg and obama demand. Officers in the rest of america, especially red states will likely not follow such orders.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

Went by Sportsman's Warehouse today and you couldn't get in the parking lot, so I think panic buying is still strong.

14. 9559mike

9559mike

Think of it in terms of a no rule-of-law scenario. A heavily armed group comes across your home and family with the intensions of raiding it for food, theft, and possibly worse. Maybe 10 people. I'm a good shot, but I like 3:1 vs. 1:1 bullet to target ratios - especially when something so important is on the line. The least amount of mag changes the better.

15. spcwes

spcwes

Figured that would be the answer you gave, watch re-runs of cops and youtube to see the horrible police do bad things to wonderful people.....

No need to reply anymore I have no need to converse with you and the opinions you brought to support your opinion

16. spcwes

spcwes

I can tell you this, my officers didn't confiscate **** while we were there. Further, the only police I even heard about doing so were New Orleans PD and California State Police. There might have been more but I actually had not even thought about it until right now.

Regardless it is not a common police ideal to run around and take peoples guns. I am sorry to bust all the bubbles that seem to be floating around about it.

Not sure on this one and I actually do not know anyone currently working for NYC. I would hope some would have common sense but that is not always the case.

17. jamstutz

jamstutz CLM

Telling us we need to compromise regarding our gun rights is rather like telling us we need to compromise on the number of folks we allow to use our swimming pool as a toilet. :upeyes:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  18. NWhaole

NWhaole

looks like prosecutions of failed 4473's will be the big one? Dont be boozed up fellas when filling it out haha

19. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Best Thread Fail of 2013 Award winner.

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

No.

It is like us telling Obama that he needs to compromise on the 13th amendment. After all, if we are compromising on one amendment, shouldn't the same be done for other amendments?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire