close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Reports are that the Biden committee will announce tougher background checks to prevent guns from ending up in the hands of the mentally ill, a nationwide discussion on mental health, and school safety initiatives.

No restriction on assault weapons or mags or ammo.

Biden has said that his Senate colleagues universally opposed any gun control. So, Obama blames Congress for no restrictions.

I think they knew this was a dog and pony show gamble. If they won, they claim success, if they lose, they blame Congress.

Come Tuesday, those folks that paid $2000 for a $600 DPMS are gonna feel pretty darn stupid. The buyers market will be back by Spring.

2. I don't know about background checks being any tougher, but I fully expect the end result of all this will be requiring background checks on all private sales. That is almost a given.

3. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Jan 17, 2001
    On the road
    reports from where?

4. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I've heard that they are still pushing magazine capacity.

5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    expect the transfer fee to double.

i go through a background check for dhs for my haz mat endorsement. we will end up paying double for a transfer.

6. They are, but looking at it from a strictly legal standpoint it doesn't seem to be doable for them at the moment.

7. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Jul 20, 1999
    CT
    I honestly don't care about this. It isn't a big deal, we do it here. Take 2 seconds and doesn't cost anything. This is a compromise we should be willing to make to avoid any awb or mag ban.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. It's pretty much all over the web. It's no secret that they have failed.

9. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    No compromise is acceptable.

Compromise to liberals means we pro-2nd Amendment citizens will settle for less freedoms, each and every time anything comes up.

10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    No .

11. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

That hazmat background is nothing but a money maker for the gov. :steamed: I can understand paying the full cost if you're just getting it for the 1st time..... But Nooooo, its the same whether its a renewal or not.... :steamed:

12. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    And how could background checks on all private sales be enforced unless there is registration of all guns in private hands?

13. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  14. The mental health issue is going to be bantered about a lot. Look for these issues to be integrated into future background checks. (ie. If you have ever been diagnosed with certain conditions, and possibly even the medications you are on).

15. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I just flipped it to the Anti-Gun channel- CNN, and the guy just reported that Joe B. will recommend full AWB to Obama on Tues.

16. They are carrying the water for them. Its a lie.

17. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Good.

The tree of liberty is looking a little dry.

18. Very very good question. If, once the new requirement is made known, you go ahead and sell a gun without a transfer, you will be technically breaking the law. How are they going to know? They might not ever know. But if something goes wrong, watch out.

19. GOA is even saying that there will be no ban.

20. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Enforced when caught, like most other laws.