Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

The Panic is Subsiding......Draco Tells Me So.....:-)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Feb 15, 2013.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

Search "Draco" on GB and you will see that the panic buys are coming to an end. Two months ago a Draco AK pistol would have cost you upwards of $1500!:wow: Now, you can get one for UNDER $1K.

The panic is dying down and the sanity is returning to the American gun market.

HOLD OFF FOLKS and the prices will come down evenn further!

2. arclight610

Dec 2, 2009
    Its ammo thats going to be in short supply for awhile.

3. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    It's probably going to take a year or more for ammo suppliers to catch up.
  4. WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    Maybe longer. All those new guns that have been sold are still waiting for ammo to go in them. Maybe the Social Security Dept. could front us some:dunno:Or Homeland Security:dunno:
  5. G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    starting to see rifles back on shelves at Academy.
  6. yellowlabsrule

Dec 20, 2009
    Katy, Tx.
    :rofl: I think I paid 3 something.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  7. I just sold mine for $1150
  8. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    Yep, It'll happen the longer people go into debt by maxing out credit cards and what-not. It can't be an endless spending spree unless everyone is getting an extra few million on their tax returns. Priorities like house bills, food, car repairs and kid stuff will make people think twice about ordering 100 P-mags or 20 bolt carrier groups.

Unprepared people that paid high prices are going to feel pretty salty when it goes back down to normal. The only problem is, people will defiantly want to stock up this time meaning this will last a little longer than it normally would.
  9. DAIadvisor

Apr 24, 2004
    Kettering, OH
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I always wondered why people order all that crap they never use. Just sits somewhere collecting dust.
  10. I'm holding off on any AR/AK purchases until next year, hopefully the market will have recovered in that time. And it will be just as I'm returning from working overseas, so plenty of money to get ammo if its still in short supply.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  11. ARP

Jan 29, 2012
    I think plenty of the panic buyers were first timers, not serious players in the gun culture, also think plenty of people bought "just in case it gets banned" or financial gain on resell, and since that most likely won't happen (AWB in the near future) I'll bet it will get to be like it was in May of 2012, plenty of choices on the shelf, just a question of when.
  12. If you look at Buds auctions, an M&P-15 is at $1500 and a RRA LAR-15 is at $1200. There are still some that have seemingly high prices.

It would seem the panic is starting to dwindle.
  13. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    I know a lot of people from various gun forums admitting they bought tons of hard to find stuff just to resell, like bolt carrier groups, mags, upper, 22lr, .223/5.56, etc so they can pay for their personal lives. Nothing wrong with this mind you, but sometimes we're our own worse enemy.

I have a few ARs but had a complete lower with stock sitting around doing nothing and so far I have everything to complete it minus an upper and charging handle I have on back-order. In fact I found the BCG at a local shop at a very normal price hanging on the shelf just a month ago when people were willing to pay double. It's better to wait and let the prices drop than help the madness continue. I'm starting to find that local shops have better deals than on-line now. One example is AIM has just recieved a ton of 7.62x54r ,already has it in stock or is already sold out and people are going "woo-hoo" over it. One of my local shops has the 2 tin crates of the stuff stacked to the ceiling at normal prices.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  14. LawScholar

Aug 23, 2011
    I wish it could have dwindled before 4 pieces of anti-gun legislation passing in Colorado was practically a certainty.

I was planning on moving there in a year to work, and I have spent the last few years building business contacts. It has been like watching my future implode.
  15. Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    A LGS called and left me a message that the S&W Shield in .40 cal that I was on a months long waiting list for had arrived. When I had them retrieve it from the back and one of the owners said it was $559.00 I said "No Thanks". I've bought guns from them for years and they just can't help themselves from gouging even former loyal customers.
  16. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    It wasn't Shooters in Louisville, was it? They've gone ape-crap lately with the price gouging.
  17. Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    No it was in Lexington just off Nicholasville Rd.
  18. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    I don't know about that.
    At the LGS this morning. The manager said he finally can get a couple AR's but he has to pay so much for them that he has to put them out for $1,550.

A friend bought the same thing a day before the bottom fell out for $800.
  19. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

I got my Colt LE6920 about 6 or 7 months ago before all of this craziness for $1183 OTD. I track the gun buying trends with and how Draco AK pistols are selling on Gunbroker. 2 months ago I could have sold my mini Draco for probably $2500, I would be lucky to get $1500 now.

20. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    But $1,500 for a $400 gun is still crazy.

Some time back I started to buy a Draco. As I recall it was $395, or close to that.
    I thought, I hardly ever get around to shooting the AK pistol I already have, so I passed.
    Later I thought about getting one but the price had gone up about another $100-$150.