close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The other side: Killings in line of duty haunt police officers

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by RussP, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks for posting this. Combat is combat when it comes to life an death. One group gets a "wounded warrior program" to deal with the aftermath, the other typically gets demonized, and when they reach out for help are treated as "mental defectives".

2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    These guys might be best off just keeping it to themselves. I know many that are and have suffered silently because of the fear of the big government getting involved. The VA & BATFE have banned 150,000 Soldiers from owning firearms many of which just because they said they were having trouble dealing with the combat.

A buddy of mine got a letter from the VA 2 weeks ago telling him that he is no longer allowed to own firearms and they were sending someone over this month to his home. No criminal trial, no judge or jury to adjudicate or dismiss, no opportunity for a lawyer, nothing. Just hand em over.

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Does he have an attorney?

The VA said in the letter they were coming for his guns?

Does your friend have a fiduciary assigned to handle his affairs?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  4. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    You might want to read this... Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- The House this week adopted legislation protecting the Second Amendment rights of veterans.

Sponsored by Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-MT), the legislation requires that before a veteran can lose his or her gun rights, they must receive due process in a court of law. Rehberg offered the measure as an amendment to H.R. 2349, which passed the House on a voice vote.

5. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    #1) He is getting one.

#2) The VA gave him a letter in the mail which read at the bottom: "You may be subject to Public Law 103-159 Section 924 A-2 Title 18 US Code"

Then a few days later he received a call from the VA Regional HQ and a lady told him that he is not to have any firearms or ammunition and that if he does he could be found guilty of breaking the law. She said that he will receive another call from them to schedule an in-home visit by one of their representatives.

#3) Not that I know of.

6. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Yes Denny did a great job on that bill. It still has not passed the Senate or yet been signed into law... then it will have to be honored by the Federal Agencies and overseen by gun grabbing Federal Agencies. It is not looking good... in the mean time the BATFE & VA are doing anything they damn well please.

7. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    You need to ask him that question. It is important, very important.

Did you read this thread, Veterans with Fiduciaries on NICS? If not, read it and see if any information there will help your friend.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  8. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    The VA is complying with federal law. Do you know the consequences for them not complying? Does "funding" come to mind.

No, I do not like the 'rules'. Yes, I am familiar with, I am in, the VA system.

We just need to make certain the Senate passes the bill with a significant margin.