The other shoe just dropped - Justice Dept rules it can kill americans

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by opto_isolator, Feb 4, 2013.

1. opto_isolator

opto_isolator Extinct GOP

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    ATF dropped the other shoe today! The Okie Corral Mar 12, 2015
    The other shoe just dropped - Justice Dept rules it can kill americans The Okie Corral Feb 4, 2013
    Baby has new shoes & skirt 1911 Forums Jul 8, 2015
    Glock 21 gen 4 trigger shoe replacement General Glocking Jul 1, 2015
    F/S NOS Tex Shoemaker Basket Weave 1911 Auto Holster Holsters & Related Items Jun 30, 2015

3. That's seems illegal, but then I am no lawyer. :whistling:

Ah well! All for the best I suppose. How else can they keep us free if they can't just murder us in our sleep on a mere suspcicion of wrongdoing or for no reason at all?

4. Did you guys bother reading the article?

5. Yeah, that's not completely terrifying or anything.....

6. Pima Pants

Pima Pants Urine Idiot

Here may be an implication for a future attack on the 2nd Amendment and certain pro-gun advocates:

(Emphasis mine)

(Judge) McMahon, describing herself as being caught in a “veritable Catch-22,” said she was unable to order the release of the documents (Justice Dept. memos) given “the thicket of laws and precedents that effectively allow the executive branch of our government to proclaim as perfectly lawful certain actions that seem on their face incompatible with our Constitution and laws while keeping the reasons for the conclusion a secret.”

Goodbye Wayne LaPierre!

#6 Pima Pants, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  7. opto_isolator

opto_isolator Extinct GOP

Uh, yeah. That's why I posted it.

8. RussP

For some, further research after the headline is unnecessary...:upeyes:
    All y'all al-Quaida senior operational leaders, yeah, reinforce your roofs...

9. Yes. I am displeased. Very displeased.

10. Some of us lack your faith in government.

11. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Next thing you know, drones will be dropping bombs on people jay walking on Main St.

12. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

I argued against the .gov drone striking that pos back when they did it. I am no friend to terrorists but it did not then and does not now seem like a good idea to have the .gov deciding when to ignore that pesky due process amendment.

Frankly, they seem to be getting quite good at overlooking citizen rights when it suits their needs or wants.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy
    Lifetime Member

I was scared to death, until I realized I was not Al-Qaida, or Taliban. Whew, dodged a bullet...or drone strike.

14. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Looks like one heck of a "Door Knock" policy to me...

Once you have an inch, a mile is a cinch... May not be anything now, just depends.

15. shotgunred

shotgunred reloading nut

I sure home that only means out side of the United States. I would hate to think that could apply to people in the country that disagree with the current administrations views.

16. With certain conditions met, it has to be a senior operational member of Al Qaeda, an associated organization, or some other organization that Congress has authorized military force against.

#16 GAFinch, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  17. You mean like the vets returning form combat in the Middle East? Were they not identified as a threat?

18. So as long as the government is 'pretty sure' a US citizen could be a threat, no due process of law is necessary? Just head out and whack 'em? :shocked:

19. When our Government told our grandfathers that this new 'social security number' was for, and limited to, social security, they accepted it. Now, how often do you use yours today?
    So when they straight-out tell us that they are willing to fire on us from unmanned aircraft, you'd better believe that means you.
    And even if you don't: Please read, understand, and follow the U.S. Constitution.
    ALL of our Governments power is derived from us. The tail should never wag the dog.

20. Janet Reno and the DHS have already classed you as a potential domestic terrorist. Do you think calling you one then killing you out of hand is beyond them? This is the same group of people who armed violent drug cartels and gave them encrypted commo and laundered money for them and helped them move drugs into the US. You think they won't murder you and your kids, then villify you afterwards with made up crap?