close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The Official GlockTalk Cookbook Thread

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by allanc, Nov 26, 2003.

1. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

OK, so there is going to be an Official GlockTalk cookbook. No, this is not going to feature recipes on how to cook a Glock! ;f

Recipes in the cookbook with feature the user name of the person who submitted the recipe. If you want to remain anonymous, please let me know and your user name will NOT be associated with recipe.

There are some copyright issues associated with recipes. If you copied a recipe out of a book, please cite the book. The best thing to do is to write the description of how to prepare the recipe in your own words. Don't worry about the list of ingredients those cannot be copyrighted. ;)

It would be really nice to include any story, comments, or anecdotes about a dish. Please put anything like that in the thread with the recipe. Appropriate comments will be added to the cookbook.

I will be editing recipes to correct spelling, grammar, and style so there is little need for you to worry about that. If not listed in the original recipes, I will add amounts and volumes as I see fit. I will rely on my culinary skills to add what is needed.

Keep posting your recipes in their own threads and add any comments or questions about the cookbook into this thread. I look forward to putting together a really good cookbook.

Allan

2. TEAK

TEAK 1*

Nov 8, 2002
    ALABAMA
    are other peoples variations and additions going to be printed along with the recipe? if there is anything that i can do to help let me know. this is going to be fun ;f

3. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks so much for doing this! I can't wait for my copy! ;f

4. slightlyabnorml

slightlyabnorml

Nov 6, 2003
    north MO
    I would definitely be inetersted! husband on the other hand, says i already have too many cookbooks;f

5. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    Awww - And I have a great recipe for cooking a Glock. What brought me to this board in 2002 was a Glock which was missing the serial #... After a lot of advise, and some phone conversations with Glock, I cooked my 1st gen Glock 21 for 20 minutes under a broiler, and sent the slide and $150 to Glock and they sent me a new 3rd gen G21! :)

Oh well - food recipes taste a lot better anyway.

6. Guest

I'll submit my "Get Mugged" chicken recipie and the one I posted on the hot sauce thread.

Cookbooks by Betty Glocker? ;G ;T ^3

7. groverglock

groverglock Guns & Hoses

Mar 4, 2002
    CA
    And a mixed drink book called "Betty Cookers Crock Book" ;e ;e ;e

8. Penman

Penman Goauche User

Feb 12, 2002
    At the slant board
    Since we have many international members at GT, it would be good to include a metric conversion chart.

9. Shoeless

Shoeless Gun Totin' Girl

Nov 25, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Hey just be sure you include my goat recipe! hee hee

Shoeless

10. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Jun 20, 2003
    First off I want to appoligize for not seeing this forum sooner. ;f;f;f;f

So what are the details on the cook book. I just posted two receipes and there will be more to come. I just gotta think of them first. I have never wrote any of them down just gottem in the head.

Take Care
    "duck"

11. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

OK, I volunteered to put this thing together. I have been waiting for the recipe count to get higher (like it is now). I have also had some work and holiday obligations to get out of the way. I want to get the first edition out in February.

Keep those recipes coming... ;f

12. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Jun 20, 2003
    Good deal. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help other than posting receipes. I think of somemore later im sure.

Take Care
    "duck"

13. Glock Case

Glock Case

Jan 4, 2004
    USA
    I think this is a great idea. I am new to the forum, and do not want to appear to take over. But, I know a print shop that specializes in cook books and would like to offer my help. Are there any talented guys or gals out there with a great cover idea? I will post my recipe's now. Thanks for a great idea!

14. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

Jul 18, 2003
    Latah County, Idaho
    I'll contribute my recipes for Poundcake and Gingersnaps, and maybe even my secret to delicious fried eggs and fried porkchops/chicken!!!!!

15. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
    Is there a limit on how many recipes we can submit?

16. Minuteman

Minuteman Jeff Gannon???

I would like to submit my Texas Red Chili for the cook book. I posted the recipe in the food section.

Thanks.

17. If you like, I can post the recipe for the Pink Pistols Chicken which was inadverdantly created and served at the 2nd Annual Virginia GlockTalk Convention and Homie Shootout. :)

18. groverglock

groverglock Guns & Hoses

Mar 4, 2002
    CA
    Hop Sing say "No cook Pink Pistols Chicken. No trust chicken necks." ;f ;f ;f ;f

19. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    (requires java)http://www.onlineconversion.com/
    http://www.convert-me.com/en/
    http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/
    Measurement Conversion
    Measurement Converter

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html
    m

20. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    Let me know if you are still accepting recipes and when the book will be published. I have a couple of desert recipes that are glockariffic!;f