close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by pipedreams, Mar 18, 2012.

1. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. Presscheck40

Presscheck40 Presscheck40

Jan 15, 2012
    Kansas City Metro
    Is it really a spy center if we know it's a spy center? Just saying.

Presscheck40

3. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    Maybe a data mining center would draw less attention.
    It is the old west out there in Bluffdale where the polygamists roam. :whistling:

4. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Ever been to Ft. Meade?

NSA already has the world's largest spy center (and employs more civilian employees than any other federal agency).

5. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    Never been there, looks like Ft. Mead will now be the worlds second largest spy center.

6. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    All governments, ours included, are notorious for abusing power. This spy center will be used to sift through your every phone call, forum post, and credit card transaction. You have no privacy left in this world. That's what.

7. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    :agree:

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

My Response: If there is no reason to suspect then you have no reason to look!!!!!

:steamed:

Sent from my Fisher-Price phone
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  8. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

Nov 2, 1999
    It's quite apparent that you have no idea what the intelligence business is all about. I think that you not only require a tin foil hat, but you should most likely cover your entire house with it.

You aren't smart enough to realize that no one in that game cares about you, or your silly credit card purchases. I would have to guess that your paranoia demands that the US have no SIGINT capability at all. Maybe you'd be better off living on an island somewhere, plowing with a sharpened stick, and eating insects and cat tails or something.

You really place too much importance on yourself and your little bitty transactions, hoss.

9. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
  10. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    It is obvious that you don't keep up with current events.

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    So the last thing I read about it said something like, "the ability to monitor every piece of electronic communication on earth" or something like that.

The NSA knew you posted "so what?" before I did.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  12. nmk

nmk

Apr 25, 2007
    So what are you guys going to do about it?

13. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Now THAT is the $64,000 question, isn't it?

The only thing we can do... Work with conservative politicians to replace the current crop of R's and D's who don't seem to give a crap. From President to dog catcher.

14. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Communicate with smoke signals.

15. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

Nov 2, 1999
    I think they all ought to go to that particular farm where they protect the paranoid and those who suffer from delusions of governmental interest and those who deem themselves somehow important.

If you don't trust your government, and I certainly don't trust this one with that treasonous schmuck in control, elect someone you can trust. If you don't trust anyone, then you need to go back to the home, where you can be properly medicated. SIGINT is very important to the US, especially since we've still not recovered from what Jimmy the Peanut Farmer did to us during his one overly long term.

If you think that NSA really gives a fat s--- about you and your credit cards, you're delusional and probably should not be allowed to own a firearm. In fact, you had to have lied on your 4473's.

16. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Who said anything about credit cards? And did you even read the article? Does it not concern you even a little that all this is taking place together? If not, good for you... It seems you've already been medicated.

Try decaf.

17. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

May 13, 2009
    NW AR
    Yeah although I dont like the idea of spying on Americans, but if they are watching people like me they really are bored. Maybe they could at least stop the other countries from attacking us.

18. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    The NSA kind of reminds me of the TSA. They mug all sort of old ladies and children but have yet to catch a real terrorist.