close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

The NOAA Is Shopping For 46,000 Rounds Of Ammunition

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Aug 14, 2012.

1. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
  2. USAF96815

USAF96815

Apr 26, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Errr...you do realize that NOAA has a LE branch and happens to be at the same address that NWS is at....don't you?

3. You can't bring down a weather balloon with a slingshot.

4. 46,000 rounds I hope they only have a few armed personnel and their quals require very small number of rounds.

5. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    If they are looking for 46,000 rounds I'm sure I can spare them...what do they need and what are they paying? :supergrin:

6. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    Arizona
    NOAA is enforcing weather? :faint:

Calling King Canute. Calling King Canute.

7. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

Dec 9, 2009
    I used to work for NOAA. They have 1811's that enforce fishing laws as well as some environmental stuff. There are not a lot of them but they exist.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    I'm still lovin' the fact that Obama added 16,000 IRS employees and 4,000 new short shotguns... :whistling:

9. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Hey they are gonna need people to enforce all the tax hikes come Jan. with taxaggedon. (google it).

As for the NOAA needing all that ammo? Sure they have agents but that is overkill. Bunch of hoarders wanna drive up ammo prices and they gotta spend their leftover cash before they cut it in the next budget.

10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

46,000 rounds isn't that much for qualifying and practice.

Say 1500 rounds per agent per year (assuming just handguns) and that only covers about 30 sworn personnel.

I think my last federal agency budgeted about 3000 rounds per agent per year (but that was long guns, too).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  11. Those climate alarmists are looking for consensus! By gosh if they can't get it with massaged data they'll get it the other way!

12. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Yup -- I think a lot of otherwise unsuspecting Americans are going to be finding out just how "rich" they actually are...

13. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    They don't need that ammo.

They're purchasing it for other branches of the government.

They think if they spread the purchase around no one will notice that all the civilian agencies of the federal government are arming themselves.

Why are they arming themselves?
    Isn't that what we have a military for?

Who do they think is the enemy, the military or you?

14. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    Even NASA has a SWAT team -- and they'll use it against you the second you claim to have moon rocks to sell.

There is nothing your government does that doesn't involve ammunition backing it up in some way. We should at least get used to openly facing the truth about this government we live under.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Like it or not several Federal Agencies do have some LE duties. They also have some things that probably need to be protected, so they have a dilema

Don't do that part and then get bashed.

Hire private security for part of it and then get bashed

Hey, I've got it. instead of all these small Agencies with their own tiny LE divisions, we will make all the doubters real happy and have one giant Federal LE agency to do every bit of it and that way it will all be under one roof and we can all keep an eye on it it would be so much more efficient and easier to manage. It sure would cut down on the complaints about so many smaller units.

16. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    "Like it or not" should be the new official motto of the federal government.

17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Do you know how many officers this agency has?

Do you know what tasks they are assigned?

Do you know anything other than it gives you an excuse to run to the store for more tinfoil?