The New Replacement for the M-4 ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TSAX, May 7, 2012.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

This should be interesting to follow. If this goes through Im picking the HK 416

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The USA’s M4 Carbine Controversy[/FONT]

www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-usas-m4-carbine-controversy-03289/

Phase 2
    www.guns.com/army-begins-phase-two-of-the-individual-carbine-competition-7607.html
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Army Begins Phase Two of the Individual Carbine Competition
    "The US Army is moving forward with their competition to evaluate rifles which may be selected to replace the M4. Part of the ongoing process to see if the market can provide a rifle that shows measurable improvement over the M4 that started back in 2005 with the XM8 project, it appears as if at least five companies have made it to round two of the Individual Carbine competition."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:50cal:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 TSAX, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

As with the choice of the Italian made Beretta M9 decades ago, I'm sure politics will have nothing to do with the final choice.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Politics and guns :faint:............................. :rofl:

:50cal:

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Oh god not again :faint:

5. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

I hope the military adopts a new platform. Then all the Mall-ninja/suburban Rambos out there will have something new to salivate over...

Then maybe my AR parts will finally come off back-order!!!!

:faint:

6. <voice of AR fanboy/On>

"But, but..if it uses the same caliber, what's the point? You can "Leggo" the AR platform to make it ANYTHING you want.

<voice of AR fanboy/Off>

7. I predict that millions will be spent on T/E only for the program to be cancelled before any new gun is chosen.

Kinda like the pistol debacle of a few years ago.

8. This rumor is like the General Firearms version of the "Glock Carbine"

9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

Glock is coming out with a rifle???????

:tongueout:

10. And a single stack 9mm

:rofl:

11. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

Industry insiders report the G1911 will be ready for SHOT 2013!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

12. Didn't the government/Army just sign a big contract with Remington for new M-4 rifles?

I don't think we'll be switching from the M-4 platform any time in the forseeable future.

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

I HEARD, the Beretta will also be replaced very soon.........
    [​IMG]

:cool:

14. Id actually like to see a Glock carbine, i guess it would be made of polymer though. be kinda neat, i wonder how the firing assembly would be????

15. HK 416 or ACR. SCAR would injury to many fingers with the charging handle whipping back and forth.

Adam

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Consider that the SCAR is already in use with various commando outfits...

17. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Striker fired M4?

Lol.

Bet the sales of piston conversion kits would fall through the frikin floor. I'd be the one ass-hat out there scouring around for a DI conversion for the Glock carbine...

:rofl:

18. There's a very good chance nothing will become of this. A lot of money was wasted on the XM8, which was never adopted. If there is a winner, it will probably many years to adopt. I think the HK416 and SCAR stand the best chance since both have seen use by the US military.

19. FN has an option to make the charging handle nonreciprocating. In fact, I read that they originally designed it that way but the Army wanted it to be fixed and reciprocate so that they could have the ability to use it as a forward assist type option.

IIRC, FN opted out of the competition for the new carbine. There will only be Colt, ADCOR, Remington, and I can't remember who else but only one or two more.

20. THE ACR or SCAR would be real change. If you want the HK route, just swap the M4 Upper w/the 416 Upper and there you go. That would be the cheapest as well.